May 1, 2012 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Basel, Switzerland - ConIT AG today is pleased to announce AppZapp 4.1 for iOS, a major update to their free News app that provides encyclopedic listings, searches, filtering, activities, news, charts, and specials for all 123 global iOS and Mac App Stores. Based on a specially developed algorithm, AppZapp provides the top newcomer apps, most viewed, most liked, and the Top 400. All 550,000+ listings, including price charts, screenshots, descriptions, ratings, and choice of 21 different app categories are available for viewing from within the app. Included in AppZapp 4.1 is a new Community feature, which allows app fans to share the names of the apps in their app collection with others, discuss apps, like them, or add them to their wishlist. Community also enables app syncing, creation of a free AppZapp account, and a live view of current AppZapp browsing. Users may instantly follow links to purchase and download apps from their App Store.
According to the online site AppAdvice, "But what really sets AppZapp apart from similar apps is its community and web syncing. Signing up for a free AppZapp account either through the app or dedicated website will allow you to like apps, discuss them with the community, add them to your wishlist, etc., and the changes will be reflected no matter where you access it from next." 148Apps extols the app's potential to save users considerable cash, "AppZapp promises to be the Bargain Guide for the App Store and a quick glance will confirm that for all. AppZapp keeps track of all the price drops going on at any one time then lists them in appropriately organised lists for easy consultation."
The News app includes a wide variety of user settings, allowing users to filter results by All Apps, Mac, Paid & Free, Categories, Show iPhone Apps On/Off, Show iPad Apps On/Off, and Show Mac Apps On/Off. Other functions available from the app's Menu include: News (listed chronologically), Search (enter a text search for any iOS or Mac App Store app), Live Stream (real-time list of the community's current activity), Changes (latest additions, updates, and price changes listed chronologically), Community (AppZapp user's forum), Top Lists (Top 400, new, viewed, and rated apps in 21 categories), Sales (price reductions), Now Free (paid apps now available free), New Apps (latest apps, chronologically, by category), My AppZapp (watch lists and alerts), and Categories (Educational, Books, Utilities, Developer Tools, Finance, Photography, Healthcare & Fitness, Graphics & Design, Lifestyle, Medical, Music, News, Navigation, Productivity, Reference, Travel, Social Networking, Games, Sports, Entertainment, Video, Weather, and Business).
* Push notifications for news and price drops (optional)
* All App Stores are supported
* Filter every list for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
* Retina support for all iDevices including iPad 3
* Activities: every activity of every app
* LiveStream: real-time list of user activities
* Top Lists: top 400 App Store charts / Top Newcomer / Most Viewed / Most Liked
Most Alerts / Most Owned / Flop Seller
* Sales: recent price drops
* Now Free: shows apps that are free at the moment
* New Apps: apps that are freshly arrived in the store
* Collections: app collections made by users
* Device filter (iPhone, iPad, Mac)
* Price filter
* Show or hide any category
* Popular apps filter to skip junk apps
* Ratings and comments
* Many alert types
* Price chart of an app (30/60/90 days)
* Videos and screenshots
* Game Center enabled
* Detailed app info such as size and version
* All apps of a seller
* Share apps on Facebook / Twitter / by SMS / by email
* A seller alert will inform the user about every change in the listings of the selected seller
* Detail page of every seller
* Nightmode for push notifications
* Hide non-Western apps
* Switch easily to any App Store in the world
* To use all the functions of the AppZapp app, just set up a free account through the app
"AppZapp provides current information on every app in the iOS and Mac App Stores," commented CEO Sascha Brenk. "There is no app that has the scope and power of AppZapp. Whether you are browsing, following trends, tracking prices, searching for bargains, or awaiting the latest news, this free app will provide everything you need to know in an easy to use search format."
* U.S. English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* 8.1 MB (AppZapp)
* 16.7 MB (AppZapp HD)
Pricing and Availability:
AppZapp 4.1 for iPhone/iPod touch is free (ad-supported) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category. AppZapp HD 4.1 for iPad is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. As an optional feature, users may remove all ads with an in-app purchase of $1.99 (USD).
Located in Basel, Switzerland, the ConIT AG team is an independent software company founded by Sascha Brenk and Thomas Drost in 2008. With a focus on the Mac and iOS platforms, ConIT's mission is to help customers find the best App Deals for iOS devices on the iTunes AppStore. Copyright (C) 2012 ConIT AG. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.