May 14, 2012 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Durbanville, South Africa - grapevine-cottage today is pleased to announce walkout 1.0 for iPhone, a new app for sportive people who love walking, hiking, jogging or running to stay healthy and fit. The walkout app draws new motivation for the user by showing the walked path as a geometrical shape and encouraging him to run different shapes all the time. While this is a new concept, more and more runner find it just fun to do their run and see how the shape unfolds. This can applied in multiple different and creative ways:
* "run a heart" for your loved one
* "run a flower" for as a birthday gift
* Walk simple figures such as a square, circle, a house, etc.
* Walk your favorite street course and see for the first time how that actually looks like as a shape, then start to add streets which you never walked before to extend and complete the shape
* Train to walk a shape without looking at the screen - very difficult at the beginning, and more and more entertaining after some practice
As part of the motivation the app allows the user to share the "walked out" shapes with friends and family via email and twitter. This will also spark some competition between walkers and runners as to who can run the widest heart, or the most interesting shape, and so on. There is no option to cheat and insert tracks manually, the app only takes a track the user really walked.
As standard items for each walk the walkout app shows:
* Meters / km or miles for the track
* Duration of the total walk
As standard functionality the app allows to mark positions and add comments to each shape. Runners can use this to capture some comments and noteworthy stuff about the walk, which is then available for sharing as well.
The app is available fully localized in English and in German; furthermore some items (weekdays, date and distance format) are available in all Apple supported languages.
* Contact to support is built in to the app, support languages are English and German
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
* iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 0.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
walkout 1.0 is priced at $0.99 (or equivalent in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health and Fitness category.
grapevine-cottage cc is located in Cape Town, South Africa, and has started to develop a series of apps to assist iPhone users to enjoy their passion. grapevine-cottage cc is registered as close corporation in South Africa and was founded in 2005. Copyright (C) 2005-2012 grapevine-cottage cc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.