May 18, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Ashland, Oregon - STA Software today is pleased to announce V1.2 of its SiteSaver productivity code. SiteSaver is an easy-to-use application that collects, organizes, saves and retrieves information from the Web and integrates it with local files and folders. It is designed to enhance the productivity of web use such as collecting information for a publication or research project, finding data about medicines or medical conditions, gathering information for investing or reviewing the latest publications in for a topic of interest.
Typing a query on any topic into a search engine will return thousands, if not millions, of hits. Scanning through these hits and their on-going links, a researcher can find many web pages that contain useful information. How does the researcher easily record a relevant web page and later recall why it was important and quickly return to it? How does the researcher organize this data using familiar menu commands or drag-and-drop methods? SiteSaver provides the means to do all of this.
SiteSaver records data in an intuitive, tabular interface. All data are stored on the user's own system. The user can work with this data on- or off-line and can assure privacy using the OSX security features.
When visiting a web page containing useful information, the researcher uses one click to save its URL, page name and the current access date. Data are saved in a table with one column reserved for notes that are inserted by typing or by copying and pasting text. The researcher can work with multiple tables simultaneously (particularly useful when working with related but separate topics), and each table can store an unlimited number of web pages.
SiteSaver also has a hot key (or global key) that allows addition of a web page to a table without leaving the browser window.
Local files and folders - that is, any file or folder on the user's hard drive or any other storage devise attached to the user's computer - can also be added to a table. One click opens a panel, just like the familiar Open-panel, that allows navigation to and selection of the desired file or folder. Similarly to a web page, this will save the location of the file or folder, its name, and the date of access into a table and reserves one column for notes that are added by typing or by copying and pasting text.
SiteSaver provides extensive capabilities for editing and organizing data. Saved web pages, files and folders can be rearranged with in a table or moved among tables. Multiple highlight colors are available to indicate levels of importance.
Print options allow the user to select which columns and web pages, files and folders are printed and in what order. Except for the smallest tables, tables usually print on multiple side-by-side pages which makes the output hard to read when one column prints across two or more of these pages. SiteSaver allows the user to set vertical pages breaks to force any column to print entirely on just one of the side-by-side pages.
SiteSaver features include:
* Support for Apple Safari(R), Mozilla Firefox, Google(R), Chrome(R) and Opera browsers (no plug-ins required)
* One click saves data in an user friendly, tabular format. A global key saves web pages without having to leaving the browser
* All data stored on the user's system
* A double click immediately returns the user to a web page, file or folder
* Add notes on each web page, file or folder by typing or by cutting and pasting text from any source (edit notes using standard word processing methods)
* Open an unlimited number of tables
* Add an unlimited number of web pages, files or folders per table
* Reorder web pages, files and folders within a table or move them among tables
* Reorder and resize table columns
* Selectable default fonts (font family, size and color)
* Multiple highlighting colors for flagging important data
* Search for words and phrases within the notes
* Print tables with selectable page breaks between columns
* Copy and paste data or export entire tables to word processing documents and spread sheets
* Work with collected data on- or off-line
* OSX 10.7 savvy with auto-save enabled
* iOS 10.6.6 or later
* Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Opera
* 4.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SiteSaver 1.2 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category.
Systems Technology and Analysis (STA) was established in 1982 in Oakland CA to provide methods and software for the analysis of complex defense systems. Systems Technology and Analysis moved to Ashland Oregon and changed its name to STA Software to reflect a switch to commercial development. STA Software released SiteSaver, its first productivity enhancement code, in early 2012. Copyright (C) 2012 STA Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.