February 9, 2009 in Utility (F)
[prMac.com] Milan, Italy - Mac Shutdown X is a small utility designed for Mac OS X to shutdown the Mac after a big file download or at the time the user specifies specify or on other events It can help a user start a download of big files over the net and have the Mac automatically turned off when the download is finished in the night. It is customizable using a easy to use setting setup panel (no coding or editing of script required). It's small, fast, simple and reliable.
The user can choose to shutdown the Mac:
* On a scheduled plan
* On a specific date and time
* When a generic file is removed or moved on your Hard Disk
* When a download is finished (dragging and dopping it on Mac Shutdown X):
using Firefox or Camino or Netscape
using Speed Download
* At launch time to use it via Apple iCal
Mac Shutdown X is the successor on Mac OS X of our old Shutdown Controller for Mac OS Classic but has not a single line of code in common with the old Shutdown Controller. It is native and was entirely rewritten on Mac OS X for Mac OS X using Objective-C and Cocoa. The result is a pleasant, small utility that does its job in a simply and elegant way. Optimized for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Runs also under Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
- Enanced preferences
- Variable 'Shutdown sequence' interval time
- Variable 'Check from disk' interval time
- Bug fix in 'Shutdown on download completed'
- Bug fix in drag and drop of file to monitor Other various bug fix
Price: $15 (USD)
Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software for Mac OS X using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac.