February 7, 2009 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Stein, Germany - Neuwert Media proudly announces another significant update of the popular unit and currency conversion app - Measures. With the help of the danish based design studio icondesign the application got a new icon, two UI themes designed from ground up and set of re-polished conversion category symbols. The new design brings Measures to a completely new level of user experience.
Number of new units were added to several categories as well as seven totally new categories including: Blood Sugar, Radiation Exposure, Sound, Radio Frequency (dBm to Milliwatt etc.), American Wire Gauge, Viscosity.
Another significant feature is instant search in categories / units configuration menu. It allows to easily find and configure units which user would like to use on a daily basis. The search hits begin to appear as user starts typing.
Key features of Measures:
* All-in-one converter interface with scroll-wheels for conversion selection and calculator-alike keyboard
* Re-programmable favorite keys
* Huge database of units spread over 38 categories
* Daily updated 170 world currencies
* Categories and units are configurable and sortable
* Built in calculator with memory and precision slider
* Three switchable user interface themes
* Utilization of gestures and accelerometer
* Auto-update of exchange rates can be deactivated to save roaming fees
* Detailed user manual in multiple languages
Measures is fully localized in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Russian.
In 2008 Measures was nominated in category best 99 cent app by BestAppEver and got ratings from most popular app review sites like: 148apps, Appvee, iPhone Alley and Appletell. Moreover Measures was featured app in most european App Store - fronts as well as in Australia and New Zealand. In several countries Measures was at different positions in paid apps TOP 10 being most sold utility app.
Pricing and Availability:
Measures 1.2.4 for iPhone / iPod Touch is only $1.99 (USD) and is available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Neuwert Media is a small, privately funded company located in the city of Stein, Bavaria, Germany. Michael Neuwert, CEO and the main developer is running the company as a part-time activity. His main job is embedded software development in the field of telecommunications. Copyright 2009 Neuwert Media. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.