February 10, 2009 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Shoreview, Minnesota - Howling Moon Software has released ScribBall 2: Redrawn, the sequel to their hit physics puzzle game. ScribBall 2 greatly eclipses the original ScribBall, while still keeping the addictive and easy to learn gameplay of the original. Dozens of new features have been added:
* Featuring themes such as: Watercolor, 8-bit, Monet, Da Vinci, Crayon, and more
* Also featuring guest webcomic artists like Tyler Hutchison, Nedroid, and Eric Feurstein
* More special effects, more flair, more color
* Color blind friendly mode
* Improved performance on older machines
* Tracking of dozens of play statistics - see how many balls you've popped
* More badges- and they're tracked with your high scores
* New high quality sounds, re-recorded and remastered
* High resolution graphics look great in HD - see the brush strokes in Monet mode
* Realistic physics as balls roll and tumble, using the Chipmunk Physics Library
Driven by a simple point-and-click interface, ScribBall is easy to learn. When a group of four colored balls touch, they will pop and an avalanche of new balls will tumble in to take their place. Quickly and strategically tap out a few balls to set up the next match even before they settle into place. If gamers are swift enough, they'll add to an ever growing combo. Injection mode puts a new spin on the gameplay, where you add new balls to make matches.
"ScribBall 2 blows the original out of the water. We've added a lot of new fantastic graphics, and each different theme has a unique feel to it. We've expanded beautifully from the original hand drawn look," cites Andy Korth. "The new gameplay modes add a lot of new fun and playability, too." If you enjoyed games like Bejeweled, Tetris, Frozen Bubble, or Snood, you'll love ScribBall 2.
Pricing and Availability:
ScribBall 2 is available immediately on the Howling Moon Software website and is currently priced at $19.95 (USD).
Based in Shoreview, Minnesota, Howling Moon Software is a privately funded company co-founded in 2008 by Scott Lembcke and Andy Korth. Both are alumni of the University of Minnesota, Morris, and graduated in Computer Science in 2007. With an focus on the Mac and iPhone platforms, Howling Moon's devoted to creating quality software. Copyright 2008 Howling Moon Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.