June 8, 2012 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Villeurbanne, France - Shazino SAS is pleased to announce the release of Fast Counter for iOS. Fast Counter allows scientists to quickly and efficiently count bacterial colonies on agar dishes. Thus PhDs, researchers, engineers, students, and technicians can save a lot of time while conducting biology experiments in their laboratories. Fast Counter is an app that works on iPhone and iPod touch with built-in camera.
Manually counting bacterial colonies on agar dishes is time consuming - researchers can spend several hours a day on this task. Now, with Fast Counter, biology scientists benefit from an app designed to be fast, user friendly and beautiful.
To use the Fast Counter app simply take a picture of your petri dish then tap on the colonies you identify. You can also toggle to "live" mode to automatically detect bacterial colonies in real-time. The saved results can be analyzed later or shared by e-mail or Twitter with colleagues.
"I remember how long it took to count bacterial colonies on petri dishes during my Ph.D." says Julien Therier, CEO of Shazino. "Now scientists can quickly and efficiently obtain results using Fast Counter on their iPhone. They can even take pictures of the dishes and analyze them wherever they are."
* Automatically count bacterial colonies using high performance algorithms
* "Live" mode to count in real-time thanks to augmented reality
* Fine tune colony detection using " threshold" and "debug" mode
* Works with dark colonies on clear background or vice versa
* Count manually by tapping on colonies
* Zoom and pan on still images
* "Torch" mode to improve image quality (iPhone 4 and newer)
* Save and manage your results
* Analyze and modify saved data
* Share results by email or Twitter
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S and iPod touch 4G
* iOS 5.0 and newer
* Back camera
Pricing and Availability:
Fast Counter for iPhone and iPod touch is $9.99 (USD) or Euro 7.99 and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Members of the press or bloggers are invited to contact us for a free review copy of Fast Counter and press kit.
Based in Villeurbanne, France, Shazino SAS creates innovative platforms and applications for biology scientists. The company includes biology and computer science researchers dedicated to developing software for research labs. Copyright (C) 2012 Shazino SAS. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.