February 17, 2009 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Raleigh, North Carolina - Spare Change Software is pleased to introduce Waypoints 1.0, their new waypoint manager for iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch. Designed from the ground up to take advantage of the iPhone's unique abilities and interface, Waypoints allows anyone to quickly view the coordinates and elevation of their current location and save them for rapid retrieval later.
Waypoints is perfect for saving points of interest or places the user would like to share with others. Saved waypoints can easily be emailed to friends along with coordinates, elevation, notes and a link to Google maps. As well, with web sharing users may access all of their waypoints through the web browser on their computer. View a waypoint in the Maps application for directions, save a parking location, bus stop or train station and more. The possibilities are endless.
Feature highlights include:
* Access saved waypoints via the desktop web browser
* Download a GPX or Google Earth (KML) file for each waypoint
* Store notes along with the coordinates and elevation
* Email coordinates, elevation, notes and a Google maps link
* View a waypoint in the Maps application for directions
* View coordinates in Decimal Degrees, Degrees: Decimal Minutes, and Degrees: Minutes: Seconds
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Waypoints 1.0 for iPhone is only $2.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Spare Change Software is a privately funded company founded in 2008 by Doug Penny. With a focus on the Mac and iPhone platforms, Spare Change Software's aim is to develop unique, yet useful products, complemented by superb user experience and first-class customer support. Copyright 2008-2009 Spare Change Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Google, the Google logo, and Google Maps are registered trademarks of Google Inc.