February 23, 2009 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Madrid, Spain - wuonm today introduces Canvas 1.0, their first in a painting lessons series for iPhone and iPod Touch. Designed specifically to leverage the iPhone's unique abilities and interface, Canvas is a series of step-by-step painting lessons. Discover the process of creating a real painting. Renowned artist Manuel Sosa guides users through every step in the creation of works of art, from outline to finished stage.
The artist has added captions to the images explaining the thoughts and techniques used. Zoom in to see every detail of every stroke. The final result can even be expanded to almost life size. In each phase, users can change the transparency of the frame and observe the evolution from the previous one. Canvas also offers a slide show with original music - just sit back and watch the whole sequence. Step-by-Step painting lessons the iPhone way.
Feature highlights include:
* Swipe left-right to move between steps, with commentary by the artist
* Double tap toolbar arrows to quickly go to first or last step
* Swipe up-down to change the transparency of each stage
* Pinch in each step to zoom in
* Double tap to zoom 2x up to 4x of every stage
* Final work can be expanded to 8x to see every brush stroke
* Slide-show the whole sequence of the full picture or just a section.
* Turn off the music or text captions
Available now in the App Store, wuonm's first release features "by a feather" and "through meadows", with "great gray owl", "pines in love" in upcoming subsequent releases, with more to follow.
* US English and Spanish
* iPhone 2.1, iPod Touch 2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Canvas 1.0 for iPhone is only $2.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Located in beautiful Madrid, Spain, wuonm is a small, privately funded Spanish company founded in 2006 by Katy Huertas. With a focus on the Mac and iPhone platforms, wuonm was formed by experienced people who love programming and have a passion to create original and unique applications. FaceCall for iPhone was their first product followed by CallSeries in their iPhone lineup. Recently released Layers for Mac OS X. Copyright 2006-2009 wuonm. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.