July 13, 2012 in Seminars and Events (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - This summer Apple will be releasing their latest OS, Mountain Lion, which has been eagerly anticipated ever since the beta for developers was released back in February 2012. To complement the public release, Amsys will be hosting their Macintosh System Admin Conference.
The Amsys Macintosh System Admin Conferences have been held in London for the last 5 years and are a firm fixture in any OS X and iOS developer's diary. The event aims to provide a platform for likeminded individuals to share news, views and discuss everyone's favourite technology. Consequently, the events are attended by industry experts, mac and cross platform support professionals and bloggers from across the globe to find out what's new, what's changed and ultimately what effects the new OS will have on end users.
This years event will be about Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion, which is set to be released sometime in July. Mountain Lion brings over 200 new features as well as some challenges for IT staff, therefore the event will be a key opportunity to come and speak with I.T professionals, developers and users. During the day you will have access to a range of machines to demo on and the opportunity to attend seminars or one on one talks with our Apple Certified Trainers and Consultants. Check out below for a sneak preview of the day's itinerary:
Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion Client:
* What's new in Mac OS X 10.8 Client
* Deployment Strategies for Mountain Lion
* Indepth look at new security features including:
* GateKeeper: We will look at how GateKeeper functions, how it will effect deployment and scripting as well customisation options
* Sandboxing: An in-depth look at how sandboxing works and how it may effect your organisation
* FileVault Management: Apple has added some nice tools to manage the deployment of FileVault in your organisation
Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion Server:
* What's new in Mac OS X 10.8 Server: We will look at what's new, what's changed, and what is missing from our favourite server
* Profiles: Profiles are becoming more and more important in managing your Macintosh suite
* We will discuss and compare the differences between Managed Client Preferences (MCX) and profiles
* Profile Manager: We look at how profiles work, how they are deployed and some of the tools you can use to manage them
The day will begin at 10 am sharp on the 31st August 2012 at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Holborn, Central London. There are only 50 spaces available and will sell out; guarantee your entry and register today. Call 0208 660 9999 for more information.
Located in London, United Kingdom, Amsys is Europe's leading Apple Certified Training Centre providing a range of OS X technical, iOS and Hardware courses for creative and IT professionals in business, education and other fields. For 25 years Amsys has offered a full range of Apple support services designed to support all shapes and sizes of enterprise, through all stages of their growth and development. Mac support services at their best, fully certified and guaranteed. Copyright (C) 2012 Amsys. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.