February 26, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Scottsdale, Arizona - Cynical Peak Software is pleased to announce the release of Rivet 2.0.1, their application for streaming video, music, and photos from Mac OS X to the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Rivet is an easy to use and fun way to play all of your favorite media content from your Mac on your TV using your Xbox 360 or PS3, including movies, TV shows, music, photos, and podcasts. You can now easily enjoy all of your media on your big screen TV from the comfort of your living room. Rivet 2.0.1 brings French localization, additional video formats for the PS3, and bug and performance improvements.
Rivet enables everyone to quickly browse and view their entire collection of digital media from from anywhere in the house on their Xbox 360 or PS3. Your Mac's folder structure and organization is completely reproduced to allow you to quickly find exactly what you want to view. Navigation is now a breeze. You no longer have to search through a long list to find what you want. Dig in and start watching right away.
* Music streaming of your iTunes library
* Photo streaming of your iPhoto library, Aperture library, and user defined folders
* Video streaming from user defines folders
* Full organization support, your mac is recreated on the Xbox 360 and PS3
* Quick automatic updating on the Xbox 360 and PS3. when files are added, deleted, or moved
New in version 2.0.1:
* Added support for mt2s and vob files on the PS3
* Added French localization
* Fixed ordering of playlists and albums on the PS3
* Fixed the display when showing only unplayed podcasts
* Fixed an Aperture parsing issue with projects
* Fixed an issue that could cause Rivet to not start its networking after waking from sleep
* Fixed the display of albums having more then one artist, like soundtracks
* Reworked UTI handling to improve media parsing
* Fixed an issue that caused picture quality to degrade when not viewing jpegs or jpegs at highest quality
* Fixed updating of playcounts for video podcasts and movies that are in iTunes
* Fixed memory leaks and various minor issues
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* iTunes for music sharing
* A networked Xbox 360 or PS3
* 2.7 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Rivet 2.0 may be purchased for $18.95 (USD) and comes with a limited streaming demonstration period. 2.0.1 is a free upgrade for existing Rivet users.
Headquartered in in Scottsdale, Arizona, Cynical Peak Software, LLC was founded in 2003 by President and CEO, Brad Miller, with a focus on bringing high quality software to the Macintosh platform. Copyright 2003 - 2009 Cynical Peak Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.