August 6, 2012 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Boston, Massachusetts - Winprogger LLC today is pleased to announce Nest Egg - Inventory 3.8 for iOS, an update to their home inventory app that provides users with a database of possessions in their homes. Featuring barcode scanning for effortless input, this app allows users to organize records of their inventory, track warranty information, export and share inventory lists for insurance purposes, perform online price checks, quickly contact manufacturers and merchants, and much more. The update to this comprehensive application features support for lending and borrowing of items, product expiration tracking, batch editing, and user interface enhancements.
Nest Egg - Inventory is simple and easy to use. While other inventory apps involve a learning curve, Nest Egg - Inventory is designed for the computer novice with an easy-to-navigate and intuitive interface.
* Easy entry with barcode scanning, autofill of product information, and batch editing
* Organized records with serial number, warranty information, and contact information of manufacturer and seller
* Alerts for product expiration, warranty expiration, and return expiration
* Online price checks with links to merchant websites for product purchase
* Full resolution HD photos for copies of receipts, purchase orders, and product packaging
* User-customizable categories and subcategories
* Location tracking
* Lending and borrowing with reminders
* Backup and restore
* CSV/HTML export, emailing and printing via AirPrint
* Summary reports of item count, purchase price, replacement cost, and online price by category and location
* Call, email, visit website of manufacturers and merchants at the touch of a button
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Users add items to Nest Egg with a simple scan of an item's barcode, or by keying in an item's barcode. Product information will be filled in automatically. Users may also type in all information with ease. Once entered, important information including an item's name, description, manufacturer, model, barcode, serial number, lot number, category, location, quantity, seller, purchase price, purchase date, warranty period, product expiration, replacement cost and notes is linked to each item. This makes it very easy for individuals, business owners, and inventory managers to obtain important inventory information for personal or business use.
Nest Egg - Inventory is an effective, comprehensive tool for organizing records and tracking warranty. Users can be assured that, should something break down, they will not be left without warranty repair. Generating and sharing inventory lists for insurance purposes is fast and convenient. With a database of item serial numbers, warranty information, and manufacturer and seller contact information, they will be prepared if there is a loss due to breakage, theft, fire or flood. The app features warranty tracking that generates alerts for product warranty expiration and product return expiration, facilitating repairs before a warranty expires and returns prior to return expiration.
Tracking borrowed or loaned items can be a frustrating experience. Nest Egg - Inventory solves the question of to whom an item was loaned. More than a simple database of the items a user owns, this app is an intuitive inventory management tool that allows users to access item information as well as locate items loaned to or from others. Users can designate who they have loaned an item to or borrowed an item from by entering a borrower or lender's name and contact information. Users may also enter the date borrowed, date due, and any relevant notes, and be reminded when the time comes to return the item.
Seeing a need for a user-friendly, comprehensive inventory application, the team at Winprogger built Nest Egg - Inventory for themselves, and use it every day. Often imitated by other apps and always on the forefront of technology advances, Nest Egg - Inventory introduced barcode scanning before any other home inventory app in the App Store. Nest Egg is available in 13 languages including German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish.
"Nest Egg - Inventory puts inventory management at your fingertips," stated Winprogger founder Satya Das. "With online price check, warranty tracking, return and product expiry alerts, and more, Nest Egg will save you money while keeping track of your entire inventory."
* English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 4.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Nest Egg - Inventory 3.8 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Campbell, California, Winprogger LLC was co-founded by Satya Das. Nest Egg was originally conceived out of an unmet need for quickly entering information about purchases at home by barcode scanning and tracking price, warranty, returns and expiry. Nest Egg is now used at homes and businesses around the world. Copyright (C) 2012 Winprogger, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.