March 6, 2009 in iOS Development (F)
[prMac.com] Placitas, New Mexico - Excel Software began shipping MacA&D 3.0 for system analysts, software designers and programmers. The new software is a Universal Binary application for native performance on all Mac OS X computers. It has enhancements to the user interface, integrated help, manual set, report scripting engine, installer plus new features to add, remove, duplicate and individually lock or unlock editing on diagrams.
* System Models and Simulation - Draw causal loop diagrams with equations and graph simulated results.
* Requirements Management - Define, trace, manage, customize and report requirements.
* Software Design - Automate UML, structured analysis & design, database design and multi-task design.
* Code Generation - Create procedural, object-oriented and SQL code from models and dictionary.
* Models from Code - Capture structure charts, class diagrams and data models from code with MacTranslator.
* Reports - Generate standard and scriptable reports, import and export text or output image and PDF files.
* Team Development - Integrate requirements, specifications, models, code and multi-user documents.
Choose the best mix of software models for each development project. MacA&D supports process, data, class, state, structure, object and task models with popular methods and extensive customization. Create language independent models or generate source code for C++, Objective-C, Java, Delphi, PHP, SQL, C, Pascal, Basic and Fortran. MacA&D scales to large projects, multiple users, distributed team development and the integration of thousands of documents across the development process.
Requirement entries are defined as structured information in a dialog controlled by a user-defined template of field and value choices. Requirements can link to any target document, diagram or specific diagram objects with two-way traceability. Easily create, navigate and maintain links between thousands of requirement entries and deliverables. Information is presented through user-defined views, queries and reports.
Pricing and Availability:
MacA&D is available by Single User or Site License. The Standard edition is $495 (USD), Desktop edition $1195 and Developer edition $1995. The company web site has demonstration videos on UML, structured analysis and design, data models, code generation, diagram generation from code, requirements management and system models with simulation.
Established in 1985, Excel Software provides Windows and Mac OS X software products to thousands of users worldwide. Capabilities include system modeling & simulation, requirements management, software design, code generation, reengineering, bug tracking, help authoring, software license management, document protection and internet marketing automation.