August 29, 2012 in Web Design (E)
[prMac.com] Oxford, United Kingdom - Softpress today announced the version 5.6.5 release of its award-winning web-design applications Freeway Express and Freeway Pro. This Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) compatibility update, free for existing users, contains several recommended improvements and enhancements.
"This update is small but very significant," said Joe Billings, Managing Director. "It contains some important improvements that all Freeway users will benefit from." On the subject of Mountain Lion he said "Freeway has been running fine on Mountain Lion with the exception of one small cosmetic issue. Now it's resolved we're happy to declare it compatible with Mountain Lion."
Freeway's visual approach to web design is what makes it unique. Both Express and Pro allow you to create original websites from scratch or work from predesigned templates. Building websites in Freeway is just like designing for print - with all the high-end features you need to create fully flexible and dynamic web pages.
Softpress have also teamed up with Mac hosting veterans MacHighway to offer all new customers six months free web hosting.
Main features (Express & Pro):
* Rapid development time, great for wireframing and prototyping websites
* Standards compliant code generation
* Automatic site, link, and resource management
* Unlimited number of sites
* Complete customization of all designs, including templates
* Freeform (drag and drop) design
* Rulers, grids, and guides
* Search-engine-friendly options
* Drag and drop support for movies, audio, and Flash
* E-commerce integration
* Email newsletter, web form, and presentation creation
* Supports custom web code
* Preview in-app or in any local browser
* Upload to any FTP server (SFTP supported)
Extra Features (Pro only):
* Full CSS layout support for greater layout flexibility and control
* Style and color management
* Support for professional image file types (including PSD and AI)
* In-application graphic transforms
* Searchable sites
* iOS options
* Plus hundreds of third party plug-ins available
* Freeway Express and Freeway Pro require Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and above
Pricing and Availability:
Freeway Express and Freeway Pro are available from the Softpress website and the Mac App Store for $69.99 (USD) and $229.99, respectively. Reviewers are encouraged to download both Freeway Express and Freeway Pro. For a full NFR serial number, App Store redemption code, or to receive permission to use any version of this software for CD cover-mounts, contact Softpress.
Softpress was founded in 1993 to address the emerging needs of professional publishers and designers for cross-media authoring tools. Freeway and its extensive feature set result from Softpress' ongoing efforts to identify and meet the real needs of web designers in today's environment. Copyright (C) 2012 Softpress. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.