September 16, 2012 in Reference (F)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - iPhone app entrepreneur Giacomo Balli just delivered another amazing reference app: a database for all antique enthusiasts which will allow you to gain more insight starting from a simple stamp (hallmark) on the back (or bottom) of your silver item.
* Over 17000 marks
* Divided into 4 main sections each with sub sections
* Image of the mark to compare it with the one you have
* Detailed information regarding blacksmith, production, years and location
* All wrapped in simple but efficient layout
* Different layout between iPhone/iPod and iPad to best use the screen size.
* The database is local therefore there is no need to have a working internet connection
The application is for all iOS devices with firmware 5.1 and above. The orientation is locked to portrait only to ensure the best user experience keeping in mind the elements that need to be on the screen.
"My grandmother left me some beautiful silver items but had no idea where they came from. Thank you Hallmarks Database for enlightening me!"
* U.S. English
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* Does not require internet connection (except when unlocking)
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 45.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Hallmarks Database is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. While only section A1 is free to, there is an in-app purchase to unlock all content. Review copies are available on request.
Based in San Francisco, CA, indie developer Giacomo Balli founded his business in 2010 in Italy. Giacomo is currently focused on iOS and mobile web development. He loves working on &amp;quot;new&amp;quot; concepts and coming up with original content. He has comprehensive experience with HTML5/CSS3/AJAX since their introduction. Giacomo attended WWDC last year, thorough familiarity with PhoneGap, multi-platform development, and solid Photoshop skills. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Giacomo Balli. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.