March 16, 2009 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - CopyPaste is the original multiple clip utility for the Mac. CopyPaste has been massively popular since its first release. What has made it so widely appreciated? Usefulness. CopyPaste magnifies and multiplies the usefulness of the humble clipboard and it does it invisibly in the background.
One of the revolutionary features that came with the Mac in 1984 was the unique ability to select text or pictures, etc, then copy that data into a clipboard, to hold that content temporarily and then paste it in the same application or a different one. The clipboard was used to transfer all kinds of info between programs on the Mac, and later this feature was imitated in many other operating systems.
A few years later CopyPaste was the first to add multiple clipboards. This meant that more data could be moved in less time. CopyPaste also allowed these multiple clipboards to be displayed, edited, archived and saved through restarts. CopyPaste revealed the untapped potential of the Mac clipboard.
The latest incarnation of CopyPaste has those same underlying abilities, but with this latest version two new instantly available windows (the Clip Browser similar to the Apple application switcher, and the Clip Palette as a compact vertical list ) that let you navigate through the Clip History and Clip Archive with speed and ease. A clip editor called Bean (really a lightweight word processor) is now part of the CopyPaste Pro ecology. Bean allows you to edit clipboards. CopyPaste Pro is all together simple and extremely powerful.
CopyPaste Pro Features:
* Multiple clipboards available by hotkey, menu, contextual menu and clip browser
* Save all clipboards thru restarts. Never lose an edit again. This alone is a savior
* Clip History maintains a stack of cuts or copies and even drags
* Clip Editor (Bean) allows immediate editing of any clip and also is an excellent word processor
* Clip Archives to keep available info you use repeatedly
* The new 'Clip Browser' to manage, view and edit your clips as comfortably as you manage your programs in Apples Dock or Apples Application Switcher
* The 'Clip Palettes', a compact vertical list to view, organize, edit and access clips
* Drag images from Safari directly into the clip history
* Clip Tools to act on clipboard data in dozens of useful ways that save time like: - Email extractor which grabs email addresses from large amounts of text - Url extractor grabs url's from large chunks of text and many others
* Drag and drop any clip in the clip browser and to/from applications
* Contextual menus to give easy access to the clipboards from anywhere
* With the clip editor open text, DOC, RTF, HTML, Apple Archive and many other file types
* Easy ways to organize and make available all the clipboard data for reuse
* Many more features built in and more coming
CopyPaste has been available for over 10 years. Users of those earlier version (CopyPaste +yType, CopyPaste-X, CopyPaste Classic) may be interested in the changes from those earlier versions.
* Universal Binary. Native on Intel and PowerPC, perfect for Mac OS Tiger (10.4), Leopard (10.5) and beyond
* Much faster; especially on Intel Macs and in Leopard
* Rewritten in Cocoa and Objective C, to access the latest Mac OS X features for fast and rock-solid development and upgrades
* The clip editor (called Bean) is now a powerful word processor
* We listened to users and implemented the most requested features
* New interface elements for easier customizable access to the multiple clipboards
It costs nothing to try it out and CopyPaste Pro will immediately prove itself by saving you time and energy.
Ain't a Mac without it!
Michael Jay Warren
Absolutely essential. I can't count the number of times a day I use Copypaste. You all do know that Microsoft and probably Apple will now copy and paste this idea into their OS's and not pay you, right? Hasn't this happened to you all a couple times before?
Thanks again for a great and indispensable piece of software! I think it is FANTASTIC!
Can't live without it!!! Great product! It's indespensible and thank you for developing it!
I loved the old version of CP, but I have to admit, the new version is far better. Never thought I'd say that! Thanks for all your hard work. At first, I was worried about having any changes made to CopyPaste. Now I'm happy with what you've done and I wouldn't want to go back!
CopyPaste Pro: once you try it, you wonder how could you live without it!
Prof. Dr. Gabriel Dorado, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics
Script Software Ltd., Plum Amazing Ltd. and KnowledgeMiner Software have been making essential software for the Macintosh and Windows operating world wide since 1987. They are the creators of the award winning CopyPaste, iClock, iKey, iWatermark, KnowledgeMiner, iBeenFramed, Project Timer Pro, ID Tunes, iSay, Easy Card, iStar Karaoke, iStar Composer, iView, MountWatcher, ChatFX and NetCheck. Also the iPhone applications Plum Caddy and Natural Cures.