March 18, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Aschaffenburg, Germany - Nodhead Software is proud to announce Warranty Hero 1.2, an update to their product and warranty utility for Mac OS X Leopard. Perfect for business and personal use, Warranty Hero allows anyone to quickly and easily keep track of a products life-span and its accompanying warranty guarantee.
New in Features 1.2:
* 30 Day full-featured demo available
* iSight support: Use your iSight camera to take a picture of your products and optionally let the camera take a picture of the receipt and turn it into a PDF.
* Support for month: Warranty Hero lets you now specify the "month" part of a warranties length.
* Export to PDF: Allows to create a PDF containing all products.
* Export to CSV: Let the user create a comma separated value file of her or his complete library, which can be opened by spreadsheet applications like Numbers or so ... Additionally the column headers are localized in the supported languages.
* Added localization Simplified Chinese
* Added localization Traditional Chinese
* Better French localization
* Ui tweaks
Warranties are a fickle thing. Everyone buys extended warranties for the added insurance (or relies on the standard one) in case a product fails prematurely. But hard to remember when the warranty runs out. This is where Warranty Hero can be incredibly useful. With a focus on ease-of-use, adding new product (or service) information is as simple as entering its name, vendor, purchase date and a time the warranty expires.
Optional information for serial number, price, and product image can be entered as necessary, as well as the ability to Drag & Drop receipts as a PDF and add Keywords. Receipts can be viewed with QuickLook and printed directly from within the application. And to make Warranty Hero the center of all things warranty and PDF, it is also possible to take notes for each product. The new notes feature allows styling, bolding and font types, as well as detects Hyperlinks automatically.
To keep track, the application offers a Remind Me feature that automatically sets up a Warranty Hero Calendar in iCal as well as the provision to optionally set a reminder for each product. To get reminded on iPhone or iPod, simply syncronize the Warranty Hero Calendar in iTunes. All synchronization is handled natively, without relying on any third party software.
U.S. English, German, French, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 8.2 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Warranty Hero 1.2 is available for $9.95 (USD). Users may purchase from the application directly. Family Pack Licenses (up to 5 computers) are available for $14.95 (USD).
Located in beautiful Aschaffenburg, Germany, Nodhead Software is a privately funded company founded in 2008 by Christian Schuster. Committed to providing the highest quality software, Nodhead Software was founded for the purpose of developing productivity for the Mac platform, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright 2008-2009 Nodhead Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iCal are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.