June 1, 2007 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] BinaryNights is happy to announce the final version of ForkLift, its flagship file manager product. ForkLift is designed to be the fastest, most powerful file manager for the Mac. This power tool lets you connect to FTP or SFTP servers, manage your Amazon S3 account or your mobile devices over Bluetooth. The nice and easy to use interface and any-to-any paradigm is complemented by dual-pane view to make file management as easy as it gets.
Features that make ForkLift unique:
- Dual-pane view: saves you the trouble of bloating your desktop with connection windows and file listings enabling the most effective workflow
- Tab support: helps you to keep your workspace clean
- Spring loaded folders: enable easy navigation through your folders while dragging an item
- Application deleter: helps you locate and get rid of data that other applications would leave behind after removal
- Remote editing: opens files on remote locations (e.g. FTP or Bluetooth), lets you edit them as you please and have the remote version updated transparently
- Archives (Rar, Zip, Tar, Gz): manage files in archives just as if they were in a local folder
- Connect to FTP/SFTP, FTP/TLS, Bluetooth or Amazon S3: everything happens as it would on a local volume
- Live preview: shows a preview of all the files you're working with, even remotely
- Filters, integrated Spotlight and Smart folders: unleash the latest and greatest technologies in OS X, integrated into a sophisticated, yet easy to use interface
Coming from different IT backgrounds, teh BinaryNights team were originally involved with developing J2EE enterprise applications for telecommunication enterprises. Desktop application development was an exciting opportunity to shift to from the repetitive enterprise tasks. Our goal was to create an application that integrates every aspect of file management into a single platform, be it on your home computer, remote server or even on your mobile phone.