March 26, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Sunnyside, Washington, USA - Calf Trail Software, LLC has announced that version 1.0 of their Geotagalog software utility is now available. Geotagalog automatically combines digital photos with location data from a GPS tracklog, showing a live preview as the user adjusts camera time settings for better alignment. Geotagalog adds user-friendly support for iPhoto's Places feature to any digital camera. Users may download a demo version which limits the number of photos imported. The full version costs $19.95 and is available immediately.
* Opens a standard GPX tracklog file and displays it on a simple map
* Geotags photos from a connected digital camera or a folder
* Shows live preview of photo locations
* Allows user to adjust camera time zone and adjust for camera clock error
* Imports photos into iPhoto with the click of a button
* Allows photos from any digital camera to appear in iPhoto '09 Places as if they came from a GPS-enabled camera
Beta testers described Geotagalog (then known as Tagalog) as easier to use than previously available options. Geotagalog joins Calf Trail's recently released Mercatalog, a map-based photo organizer, in rethinking photo geotagging from the ground up, using drag-and-drop interactions and visual feedback. Company co-founder Nathan Vander Wilt writes, "Geotagging should feel more like a treasure map than a spreadsheet. We've got big goals, and are proud of what we are able to offer in these first products."
* 11.8 MB download
* Requires Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary works on PowerPC and Intel
Calf Trail Software, LLC was founded mid-2008 by Nathan Vander Wilt and Jon Hjelle in Sunnyside, WA. Calf Trail designs and develops user-focused applications for Mac and iPhone, with a love for making engineering innovations accessible.