March 25, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Berkeley, CA - MacEase is pleased to announce the release of iPrint 2.0. iPrint is a highly rated printing utility that adds a keyboard shortcut and a Dock menu to OS X which enables users to instantly and easily print just the data that they select in any program. iPrint even enables users to selectively print data from programs that can't print their own data. iPrint improves users' productivity by preventing them from wasting valuable time sifting through unnecessary data that they previously were forced to print.
Additionally, iPrint quickly pays for itself many times over by significantly reducing users' expenditures on ink/toner and paper - using iPrint can more than double the life of users' ink and toner cartridges. Other benefits of using iPrint include the elimination of common Web browser printing problems and the elimination of being forced to print unnecessary and ink-intensive Web ads.
The cost savings and productivity benefits of using iPrint are multiplied for businesses, schools, and other locations that use multiple computers.
New in iPrint 2.0:
* A Preferences window has been added that lets users set a default option of always displaying both the Page Setup and Print dialog boxes, or always bypassing both the Page Setup and Print dialog boxes, or displaying just the Print dialog box. (The previous versions of iPrint never displayed either the Page Setup or Print dialog boxes.)
* A popup menu has been added to iPrint's Dock icon. Clicking and holding on the icon displays all of iPrint's printing options, as well as some other functions.
* iPrint's Dock menu also can be used to temporarily override iPrint's preference settings when printing.
* iPrint's graphics and dialog boxes have been improved.
* Several additional improvements have been made to iPrint's code.
A Macintosh computer with System 10.3.x, 10.4.x, or 10.5.x; a PowerPC or Intel processor
Pricing and Availability:
iPrint 2.0 includes a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee and costs only $14.95 (USD). Registered users of iPrint 1.x can upgrade to iPrint 2.0 for only $7.95 (USD).
Free site licenses are being offered to public primary and secondary schools so that schools will be able to apply the significant savings realized from using iPrint to essential school services. Additionally, using iPrint enhances the learning process by allowing students to focus on just the material that is relevant to their work.
Steve Becker, the owner of MacEase, has been developing freeware and shareware for the Macintosh since 1997. The software from MacEase specializes in collecting, saving, organizing and printing information. The focus at MacEase is to develop software that extends the capabilities of the user's computer, improves workflow and productivity, and enhances the user experience.