June 6, 2007 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Monitor Magic provides live Waveform Monitors, Vectorscopes, RGB Parades and Histograms so you can ensure that the video you record on your camera is of perfect quality, and importantly, is broadcast legal.
Monitor Magic can be monitor multiple cameras so you can ensure the color balance and brightness match on all of the cameras before you even start recording.
Just imagine filming an interview. You can have two cameras set up for close-up shots of the interviewer and interviewee, and a third camera for a wider shot for recording both people. You can check all three cameras have the same color and lighting, and that each camera is recording legally for your final format.
But not only that, you can also check that your wide shot is viewable on a standard 4:3 screen as well as the 16:9 standard.
Monitor Magic supports these features:
- Support Standard definition consumer DV, DVCPro25, DVCPro50, DVCProHD and HDV
- Preview monitor with helpful guides
- Weighted Waveform Monitor
- Colored Waveform Monitor
- RGB Parade
- Weighted Vectorscope
- Colored Vectorscope
- Luminance Histogram
- RGB Histogram
- Pause input for accurate analysis
And the system requirements are:
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- For standard definition, a 1Ghz G4 or Intel based Mac.
- For high-definition we recommend a G5 or Intel based Mac.
- For DVCProHD you will require the Apple DVCProHD codecs. At this time they are only available by installing Final Cut Pro HD.
- Video camera connect via Firewire.
Monitor Magic sells for $139.00 and is available from the Big Mug Software's web site.
Big Mug Software is a provider of Apple Macintosh media software for the TV and documentary film industries as well as amateur videographers. All software is written as universal applications, supporting PPC and Intel Macs.