March 31, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Omaha, NE - Macware Inc. announced today the launch of DiskTools Pro, a diverse collection of performance minded utilities featuring bad sector detection and repair, lightning-fast file defragmentation, S.M.A.R.T. monitoring and analysis, bootable disk backup with automated scheduling, and much more.
DiskTools Pro was developed for Macware by Intech, the leading developer of disk utility software used for testing and repair by major hard drive manufacturers. Whether you are looking for a disk defrag utility or need to protect your critical data with a powerful backup tool, DiskTools Pro provides the power and flexibility you have been looking for.
DiskTools Pro is the only utility that allows you to:
* Schedule when to defragment, backup or repair bad sectors
* Does not require you to run the tools from a boot DVD, CD or separate volume in order to work with the startup volume
* Can test and repair multiple volumes all at once
* Includes full multi-user support without requiring a user to first login
* And will not damage your system if a power failure occurs while you are running the tools
Pricing and Availability:
DiskTools Pro will be available in Apple retail stores, Office Depot, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center and other Mac software retailers, or online for an MSRP of $79.99 (USD). More information is available on the Macware website.
Macware, Inc. is a leading publisher of Mac software that delivers award-winning intuitive software designed for creative professionals and home users. Macware products are easy to use and include software for logo design, invoice and billing, Internet security, email marketing, personal and commercial use font collections, Keynote and PowerPoint backgrounds, and other utilities. Macware products are available through major retailers in North America, as well as Australia, Japan, Europe and the United Kingdom as well as online.