June 8, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Winnipeg, Canada - June 7, 2007 - ZappTek is proud to announce its version 3.3 release of iPDA. As a perfect companion to Apple iPod, iPDA serves as an excellent replacement PDA. Word, PDF, Apple Pages, RTF or text documents may be easily transferred to iPod so data is available for quick access. iPDA supports transferring information from Entourage, Stickies, Mail, Address Book and iCal, making it simple to put the information users need on their iPod.
- Download RSS feeds and keep track of local weather with up-to-date forecasts.
- Download news articles from news.google.com and read them on the way to/from work.
- Subscribe to published iCals and download them directly.
- Download driving directions directly to iPod.
- Perform a backup to iPod.
Using iPDA's Sync facility, you can have it all with a single click. iPDA makes it simple to put the information you need on your iPod. Apple called it the iPod for a reason. Get the most out of yours!
iPDA 3.3 sports many new feature enhancements:
* Download driving directions from Google Maps directly to iPod.
* iPDA will now backup the contents of selected folders, as well as their sub-folders, to iPod.
* In addition to the subject line, Mail message listings now include the sender name in the note title to allow for easier identification of messages.
* Mail messages now list the file names of the attachments in the message.
* When producing multiple pages for a note, iPDA now numbers pages with 3 digits to support up to 1000 pages instead of 100 pages.
* When reading full News articles, pressing the iPod's menu button now takes the user back to the news summary page instead of the first page of the article.
* Users can now option click iCal calendars to edit the URL, just like RSS feeds.
* Fixed some problems with Mail message processing, iCal processing in OS X 10.3.9 and a rare problem when adding documents.
* Mac OS X version 10.3 or higher.
* An iPod.
* Microsoft Entourage for Entourage data synchronization.
* Web Services require an Internet connection.
To install iPDA 3.3, drag it to your Applications folder or wherever you'd like to keep it. Clicking on a button will bring up a window to select the specific subset of information to export to your iPod; each window contains basic guides on its use. For more information on how to work with a given window, check out its screenshot page at http://www.zapptek.com/ipda/. Determine the settings needed for syncing and click OK. Users may also make selections and immediately transfer information to their iPod by clicking Transfer Now.
iPDA 3.3 remains priced at $19.95 USD with free update for existing users. The iPDA trial allows for 6 full syncs before requiring a purchase. Users may purchase the bundle, which includes iPresent It and iSpeak It, for $44.95 USD; a $13 savings.
Users can purchase from within iPDA by selecting "Purchase iPDA..." in the application menu or visit http://www.zapptek.com/ipda/.
Based in Winnipeg, Canada, ZappTek was founded by Michael Zapp in 2002. Beginning with tools to bring calendar and note information into the Contact entries of the original iPod, ZappTek now provides a suite of applications to meet every iPod need. These include iPDA, iPresent It, and iSpeak It. All Material and Software (C) 2002-2007 ZappTek / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.