April 16, 2009 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Horsham, UK - Risk Engine is a new application which gives users of iWork Numbers and Microsoft Excel 2008 access to the sophisticated statistical analysis using the Monte-Carlo method. Previously only available in older spreadsheet applications, Risk Engine brings Monte-Carlo analysis to the most up to date spreadsheet applications on the Mac.
"I am excited to bring tools like these to Numbers and Excel users."said Ian Turner, lead developer of Risk Engine. "Monte Carlo analysis is a powerful tool in modern industry and I want Risk engine to give Mac users an accessible introduction to the Monte Carlo method as well as giving experienced users the tools that they need."
* 8 different built in probability distributions for input parameters
* Unique method of model creation allowing users to generate virtually limitless input probability distributions
* Built in output probability distribution viewer
* User defined seeding for random numbers
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* iWork '09 or Microsoft Excel 2008
Pricing and Availability:
A full license for Risk Engine costs $40 (USD) with a demo mode available for user trials. Academic licenses are also available for $10 with no limitation. 25% of the purchase price will be donated to SARAID and The Dog's Trust, two UK based charities.
Engineering for the Real World is a blog and website developed by Ian Turner support engineering around the world. The aim is to provide a useful resource for all engineers by taking a cross discipline approach. Ian Turner is an engineer with experience in many different engineering disciplines including civil engineering, rescue engineering and software engineering. A number of his analytical models are in use by both private and public sector organisations.