April 16, 2009 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Canada - Hendrik Kueck today announces the release of ColorSplash 1.2, an update to his highly popular image editing app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now users can easily upload and share their edited images on social networking sites Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter. ColorSplash lets users give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white, while keeping chosen details in color. ColorSplash's intuitive and responsive user interface makes photo editing and sharing easy and fun.
ColorSplash lets users interact directly with the photo via the device's touch screen. The user's finger acts as a brush that removes (or restores) color from the original image. The application's seamless zoom allows for smoothly zooming in and out using a two finger pinching gesture, enabling detail-work with pixel-accuracy.
Users can now upload their ColorSplash pictures directly from the program to Facebook, Flickr or Twitter accounts. This is accomplished easily and effectively from a menu in the program. A short tutorial video coaches users through the process, if they wish.
* In addition to saving the new images to the users' photo album, ColorSplash supports saving multiple sessions so users can resume work on an image at a later point
* Transparent brushes can be used to partially de-saturate regions of an image, and users can choose between hard- and soft-edged brushes
* An alternative display mode shows colored regions tinted in a vibrant red, making it easier to see and adjust the boundaries between color and black & white regions
* ColorSplash supports both portrait and landscape orientation, and users can switch to and from full-screen mode with the tap of a finger
* ColorSplash features unlimited undo, detailed in-program help, and lets users configure several advanced options in the Settings application
* Users can upload pictures directly from ColorSplash to their Facebook, Flickr, or Twitter accounts
* Short tutorial videos clearly explain the use of the app's image editing and sharing features
* Any iPhone or iPod touch with firmware version 2.0 or higher
Pricing and Availability:
ColorSplash is available now for purchase at a price of $1.99 (USD), distributed exclusively through Apple's App Store. Review copies are available to the media upon request.
Located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Hendrik Kueck is a computer science PhD candidate doing research in machine learning as well as an independent iPhone developer. In his role as an iPhone developer he is dedicated to creating high quality applications that are intuitive and fun to use. His current lineup of iPhone applications consists of Juxtaposer, Juxtaposer Lite and ColorSplash. All Material and Software (C) 2008-2009 Hendrik Kueck. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.