April 17, 2009 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Round Rock, Texas - Kerlmax has announced an update to Austin Traffic, the premier mobile traffic tool for Austin, Texas. Version 2.0 of the iPhone application adds map links, animated traffic camera images, incident detail views, and improved customization of the settings.
Austin Traffic is a tool to give you information about current traffic conditions on roadways in the Austin, TX area. The incidents tab lets you select the roads you travel frequently and get listings of the accidents along them as reported by the City of Austin and the Travis County Sheriff's Office. Over thirty Austin thoroughfares are currently supported and selectable. The cameras tab gives you access to unique animations of the TxDOT traffic cameras along Interstate 35, Highway 183, Highway 290, and Mopac Expressway which lets you get a good visual sense of how traffic is flowing. All of the information presented in the application is designed for quick and easy interpretation.
Austin Traffic is useful for route planning. If you are stuck in an unexpected traffic jam, it's easy to launch and quickly see if there is an accident or what else might be up ahead. Should you take a different road? Are you going to be late getting home? Let Austin Traffic help you determine the answers.
* Animated traffic camera images along Interstate 35, Highway 183, Highway 290, and Mopac Expressway.
* Listing of known traffic incidents grouped by road and arranged according to your preference.
* Map links for each incident.
* Automatic refreshing of data every five minutes.
* iPhone or iPod touch with OS 2.0 or later
* Cellular data or WiFi connection
Pricing and Availability:
* Austin Traffic 2.0 is available now and can be purchased from the iPhone App Store for $4.99 (USD).
Kerlmax LLC is a small software company located in Round Rock, Texas. Founded in 2008 by Isaac Wankerl, Kerlmax focuses on exciting and intuitive products for the Mac and iPhone platforms. Copyright 2009 Kerlmax LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.