April 21, 2009 in Utility (F)
[prMac.com] Sunnyside, Washington, USA - Calf Trail Software, LLC has announced the release of Geotagalog version 1.1, an update to their GPX tracklog based geotagging utility. Version 1.1 brings improved support for many popular camera RAW file formats, and adds lossless geocoding of JPEGs.
Geotagalog automatically combines digital photos with location data from a GPS tracklog in standard GPX format, showing a live preview as the user adjusts camera time settings for better alignment. Geotagalog enables user-friendly support for iPhoto's Places feature to any digital camera.
* Opens a standard GPX tracklog file and displays it on a simple map
* Geotags photos from a connected digital camera or a folder
* Shows live preview of photo locations
* Allows user to adjust camera time zone and adjust for camera clock error
* Imports photos into iPhoto with the click of a button
* Allows photos from any digital camera to appear in iPhoto '09 Places as if they came from a GPS-enabled camera
Geotagalog 1.1 adds:
* Geocoding of many popular RAW formats
* Lossless geotagging of JPEGs
* Easier ability to launch Geotagalog when camera is connected
* 13.0 MB download
* Requires Mac OS X version 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary works on PowerPC and Intel
These features, and other minor interface improvements introduced in version 1.1, represent an incremental increase in Geotagalog's capabilities and are offered as a free update to existing users. The full version still costs only $19.95 (USD), with a limited demo available.
Calf Trail Software, LLC was founded mid-2008 by Nathan Vander Wilt and Jon Hjelle in Sunnyside, WA. Calf Trail designs and develops user-focused applications for Mac and iPhone, with a love for making engineering innovations accessible. Copyright 2008-2009 Calf Trail Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Apple iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.