April 20, 2009 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, CA - .com Solutions Inc. Enhances FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 4.86 with FmPro to Servoy Migration Feature. FmPro Migrator Developer Edition enables Servoy developers to realize dramatic productivity gains by re-purposing existing FileMaker Pro solutions as Servoy Eclipse projects.
The FmPro to Servoy Migration Service incorporated into FmPro Migrator Developer Edition application provides a fixed-price conversion service for FileMaker Pro database files into Servoy Eclipse projects. This service includes the conversion of layouts, scripts, relationships, and value lists within a predefined budget. This service leverages the automated layout and relationship importing features of FmPro Migrator Developer Edition, along with FileMaker Pro Advanced.
In order to introduce Servoy developers to the benefits of the FmPro to Servoy Migration Service, .com Solutions Inc. is offering special introductory pricing for 30 days. During this introductory offer, the total price of the migration service will be discounted by 25%. (Please call or email .com Solutions Inc. for the coupon code.)
Features of the FmPro To Servoy Migration Service include:
* Fixed Price Service - You know up front what the cost will be to convert the layouts from your FileMaker Pro database solution into a Servoy Eclipse project file. Pricing for the migration service is based upon a tiered pricing structure, depending upon the number of layouts which need to be converted.
* Save Time, Get Up and Running Quickly - It can be a tedious and time consuming process to manually re-create each FileMaker Pro layout object into any other development environment. Rather than spending days or even weeks of valuable time manually converting hundreds of layouts, Servoy developers can utilize the FmPro to Servoy Migration Service as an economical alternative. FmPro Migrator Developer Edition typically processes each layout within less than 1 second - much faster than you could perform the task manually!
The ability to efficiently perform FileMaker Pro to Servoy migrations makes it possible to quickly show prototypes to prospective customers. An automated migration process represents the ultimate in rapid application development, which can't be matched by any other development environment. Being able to show customers a rapid prototype may make the difference in getting approval for a new client project.
* Relationship Conversion - FileMaker Pro relationships imported by FmPro Migrator are converted into Servoy Eclipse relationships.
* Global Fields - Global fields within FileMaker Pro tables are converted into Servoy Eclipse Global variables within the globals.js file.
The Global Fields conversion process relies on FmPro Migrator's ability to gather accurate table definition info from the original FileMaker Pro database file. The most accurate method for copying the table definition info is via the clipboard, which is a feature only available when using FileMaker Pro Advanced with FmPro Migrator.
* Custom Value Lists - Custom Value Lists are read from the FileMaker Pro DDR XML file and then added to the Servoy Eclipse ValueLists.
* Layout Image Migration - Embedded layout graphic images are saved into the medias folder within the Servoy project and are also placed onto the Servoy Eclipse form. Only unique copies of images are stored within the medias folder, in order to prevent wasting space due to duplicate images. This means that if an image such as a company logo is used on 100 different layouts, only one single copy of that graphic will be saved, as all of the remaining 99 copies are duplicates of the original image.
FileMaker Pro stores GIF, PNG and JPEG images in their native formats within the layout. All other image types are also converted and stored in the JPEG file format in order to guarantee compatibility with Instant Web Publishing. Therefore the conversion process follows this same compatibility implementation by extracting GIF, PNG and JPEG images for use on the Servoy Eclipse form.
Demo Mode - Due to the complexity associated with any database migration project, it is recommended that a small test project be completed prior to starting the full conversion project. By default, FmPro Migrator Developer Edition processes FmPro to Servoy migrations in demo mode without a license key. In Demo mode, FmPro Migrator Developer Edition will process 5 layouts and 5 scripts.
Using the demo mode at no charge, enables Servoy developers to become familiar with the conversion process and see the completed layouts in the Servoy Eclipse project.
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition is priced at ($200) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Developer Edition for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 4.86 at no charge.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, SQLite, Valentina, Revolution and Servoy developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker ScriptMaker scripts, FmPro Layout Diff, compares FileMaker Layouts. FmPro Migrator migrates FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. Installgen automates over 100 Oracle install procedures on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. Repgen replicates Oracle data in a multi-master configuration on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. For more information about .com Solutions Inc., please visit their website.