April 20, 2009 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Walnut Creek, California - net4mac is a social network built exclusively for Mac users. This is a powerful internet service that allows you to make new friends sharing the same passion for the Mac platform, build new professional relationships, create groups of interests and much more. We are very proud to announce today the new version of net4mac for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod touch allows you to connect to the service, read your messages, send a new message, browse profiles and search members matching your preferences. The user interface is fully optimized for the iPhone. The iPhone version costs only $0.99 (USD).
The Mac version of the net4mac application is still free and will remain free. The Mac version allows you to:
* Create an account and login to the service (internet connexion required)
* Create your profile including your location, job, activities, skills and the type of Macs, iPhone, iPod, etc. that you own.
* Add friends to your profile and manage them (remember, the service is only for Mac users)
* Contact members, send invitations to join the community, and manage your messages
* Create your own groups of interest and invite friends to join them (people using the same application, in your same location, sharing the same passions, etc)
* Browse and join groups you find interesting - share discussions, events and more
* Search members using different of criteria (for example, you can find people that use the same Mac or software)
* Discover people around you (other Mac users in your neighborhood)
* And many more functions
There are many good reasons to use an application instead of a website:
* Better integration between Mac OS X technologies and the features.
* The community is easy to access from the Dock
* You can send invitations using your AddressBook
* You can add/remove members with public profiles to/from your AddressBook
* You can add a picture to your profile or a group from your webcam
* You can see the number of messages in your dock (like Apple mail)
Version 2.0 of the service allows you also to connect from any web browser on any platform (PC and Mac). Version 2.0 is available in English, French, Germand, Italian and Spanish languages.
net4mac is a social network built exclusively for Mac users. Copyright 2009 net4mac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.