April 28, 2009 in Financial (E)
[prMac.com] Putney, VT - IGG Software announces the release of iBank 3.4.2, the latest version of its flagship application for personal and small business finance management. The update ($60, or free to existing iBank 3 users) is available for immediate download.
This version comes just four weeks after the release of iBank 3.4.1, making iBank an even better choice for Mac users seeking a full-featured alternative to Quicken. "Our user base has expanded dramatically over the last year," notes IGG President Ian Gillespie. "As a result, we've been able to take feedback from those customers and make rapid fixes to iBank. Some of them only affect a few users, but taken together, they improve the experience for every user."
* Among the fixes to iBank 3.4.2 is the elimination of a bug affecting QIF export, allowing for improved compatibility with other apps or users.
* iBank 3.4.2 also improves the speed of certain operations which previously might take an unnecessarily long time, including adding a budget, or adding many transactions to the reconcile table in statement view.
* Reconciliation is also improved with the fix of a bug in adding transactions using the button, and by the elimination of a potential hang when expanding a split item in the reconcile window.
* Certain users will find fixes in specific areas such as direct downloading from Fidelity Investments; with Smart Accounts in the French edition of iBank; or in disabling split items in the British English version.
* Numerous other bug fixes in this version include updates to the Budget widget in dealing with transfers; to possible duplicate items in reports; to creating statements with updated values; and many other fixes.
With a rapidly growing user base and an active community in IGG's online forums, iBank 3 has emerged as the leading Mac-only personal finance app. Rated "Great" in a recent issue of MacLife, iBank 3 features automatic account downloads, interactive graphs powered by Core Animation, loan management, and syncing capability from an iPhone or iPod Touch. iBank Mobile, a stand-alone iPhone edition, will be available this spring.
IGG Software, LLC, was founded in 2003 by developer Ian Gillespie. Located in Putney, Vermont, the company engages in sustainable practices such as purchasing all of its energy from renewable sources. For further information, review licenses, or to schedule an interview with Ian Gillespie, please contact IGG Marketing Director Scott Marc Becker.