February 21, 2013 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Brisbane, Australia - BigOrSmallApps have released their latest iPhone app, Total Notes, designed to organise text notes, websites and photos in a fast, clean, graphical interface. In sharp contrast to the many list based apps already available, note contents are shown visually, and can be moved, resized and edited with gestures. New content can be added with a single tap, and notes can be organised over multiple screens.
As lead developer for BigOrSmallApps David Shea states "The iPhone market is saturated with apps for note taking, organising thoughts and managing those snippets of information that life throws at you, and yet we couldn't find an app that suited the way we work. So we decided to develop our own. We wanted something that could quickly capture random bits of information, then help us remember later why we did."
Total Notes also contains features that power users expect from a note taking app:
* Multiple spaces allow the user to organise notes however they wish. Two special spaces called trash and scrap, aid the user in organising notes
* Notes can be written in any combination of text, HTML and extended markdown, allowing headings, tables, lists and more
* Additional keyboards allow Markdown and user-defined shortcuts
* Notes can be styled with font changes, colours and user defined styles
* Editable internet search engines allow quick access to web content
* Export notes via email, open in other supported apps via "open in", or via clipboard
* Import from other apps that support "open in"
* View notes full screen
Total Notes has been in development for almost nine months, and has been in everyday use by the developers all that time. As David explains, "We developed something we actually use ourselves. Every gesture, button and feature was thought about, tested and evaluated. If something didn't work, we threw it out and went back to the drawing board. We tried to minimise everything, the interface, the time needed to create notes, the time spent organising."
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 6.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Total Notes 1.1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
BigOrSmallApps is a small independent software developer based in Brisbane, Australia, specialising in mobile applications. BigOrSmallApps has over thirty years experience in software development, and specialises in providing well designed apps that they actually use on a day-to-day basis. Copyright (C) 2013 BigOrSmallApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.