March 5, 2013 in Mail (E)
[prMac.com] Heidesheim, Germany - Moth Software today is pleased to announce Mail Archiver X version 3.0 for Mac OS X, a major update to its app that serves as an addition to the user's current email application/client, allowing consolidation, archiving, cleaning, formatting, and permanent storage of email. Especially valuable to owners of Mac-based small businesses, the app protects a company's irreplaceable email records. Email may be saved in the application's native database format (Valentina), or in Evernote, Filemaker, PDF, mbox, RTF, Text, or XML database formats. Archiving email from a variety of email applications into a single database, the app prevents accidental deletions, facilitates quick searches, and eliminates the storage size limits imposed by many email apps. By saving email in a single, standardized format, users are ensured that they can read all their email, even those from legacy applications, from which they have subsequently migrated.
* An ideal email management and archive solution
* Protect and save all email in a single archive folder
* Archives email from the following clients: Entourage, Eudora, Mail, Outlook, Powermail, Thunderbird, and standard mbox; plus Gmail and Exchange
* Exports email to the following database formats: Valentina (native), Filemaker, PDF, mbox, Evernote, RTF, Text, or XML
* Built-in, email database browser
* Cleans email of unnecessary characters and code
* Exchange is supported for Apple Mail, and Microsoft Entourage and Outlook
Moth Software has designed Mail Archiver X with speed in mind. Particularly valuable for businesses and individuals who may save hundreds of thousands of emails over many years, the app is many times faster than the fastest email app. Mail Archiver X employs the peerless Valentina database from Paradigma Software. Another feature adding to overall efficiency is the app's Cleaning function. From the Setup panel users may filter out unnecessary characters.
Setup is clear and simple. The app includes a guided tour, a setup wizard, and a manual. The first step is for the user to select the email client they wish to archive. Choices include: Entourage, Eudora, Mail, Outlook, Powermail, Thunderbird, and standard mbox format clients, plus cloud-based clients like Gmail or Exchange. Second, the user may select mailboxes individually, or archive all mailboxes, or previously selected boxes. Third, is selection of the range of dates to archive. The next phase of Archival Setup is selecting an export format. Valentina is the default, and other choices include: Evernote, Filemaker, PDF, mbox, RTF, Text, or XML.
What's New in Version 3:
* Mail can be archived automatically using the built-in scheduler
* Searching is more than 10 times faster
* Suppport for Filemaker 12 has been added
* There is now a setup wizard to help getting started with Mail Archiver X
* Exporting data is now easier than before
* Duplicates are handled automatically
* Font and font size can be changed for display
* It's possible to export a selection of mail for some formats
* When exporting to PDF and mbox, the mailbox structure is preserved
* When exporting to Filemaker, duplicates are no longer exported
* Preferences and Setup now have undo
* It's possible to delete attachments individually and for selected email
Following the archiving process, users may browse or search from the Mail Archiver X Browser. In the far left column is a list of all their mailboxes, plus their Inbox and Sent Messages. The center of the window contains a list of all archived email, with column headings including: From, To, Subject, Date, and Mailbox. Finally, the right window displays the full, scrollable contents of any archived email selected from the list. Tabs permit selection of any email attachments and headers.
"Could you accurately search all your emails? Do you know exactly where they are all located? Could you read an older email if you wanted to?" asked Moth Software spokesperson, Beatrix Willius. "If you answered 'No' to any of these questions, Mail Archiver X is the simple, inexpensive solution to your email management and archiving problem."
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* 95.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Mail Archiver X 3.0 is $34.95 (USD) and available directly from Moth Software. A free, fully-functional, 12-day trial version can be downloaded. Mail Archiver X 3.0 comes with a 30-day, money back guarantee. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Heidesheim, Germany, the Moth Software team is a small independent software company founded by Beatrix Willius in 2004. Beatrix is an experienced project leader and developer with several years experience in Realbasic, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, SQL, AppleScript and Filemaker. Copyright (C) 2004-2013 Moth Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.