May 9, 2009 in Technology (F)
[prMac.com] Austin, TX - Intego, the Macintosh security specialist, has announced the release of VirusBarrier X5 10.5.8, an update to its acclaimed antivirus software that has garnered excellent reviews from the Mac press. This new version offers enhancements to the program's logs, and improves performance for several of the program's functions. This update includes the following changes:
* Logs now record more events: start and stop of real-time scanner, virus definition updates, and cancelled archive scans
* Log entries can be copied to the clipboard, and can be deleted individually
* A toolbar button in the log window allows users to reveal item logged
* Logs can be filtered by type: Information, Warnings, and Threats
* Malware are now logged in four classes: Virus, Backdoor, Trojan and Exploit
* Large increase in number of Windows malware detected
* Improvements in behavioral analysis for Microsoft Word and Excel macro viruses
* Bug fixes and performance enhancements
VirusBarrier X5 is the only antivirus program that can scan files and applications on the iPhone and iPod touch in search of malware or files that indicate that exploits have compromised the devices.
VirusBarrier X5 10.5.8 is available now. This version is a free upgrade for all users of VirusBarrier X5, and is available for download via NetUpdate, Intego's automatic update tool. For more information, or to download a demo version of VirusBarrier X5, please go to Intego's website.
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan.