April 4, 2013 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Edenbridge, United Kingdom - Paul Gee has announced the release of WhoNews Lite 1.0, the free to download version of the hugely popular Doctor Who News app, WhoNews, which collates the latest news on Doctor Who from over 140 of the top Doctor Who websites, blogs, podcasts and artists every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day.
WhoNews Lite brings you the latest news from over 140 of your favourite Doctor Who websites in one easy to use application. Based on the popular WhoNews app, the Lite version is ad based with no push notifications or merchandise search.
WhoNews Lite keeps the fans up to speed with latest news on the Doctor's adventures in time and space in this 50th anniversary year. With WhoNews the user is guaranteed to know the latest news and gossip on the world's oldest science fiction TV series. WhoNews Lite checks the top news sites including Kasterborous and the hugely popular DT Forum for David Tennant fan news every 15 minutes for new articles.
* One universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch buy once and use on all your devices
* Most recent news, blogs, podcasts and special/art views - time ordered and drawn from over 140 websites
* Dedicated Official Doctor Who stream - tracks BBC sites, facebook and multiple twitter feeds
* News is downloaded in bulk from over 140 sites. A resilient server compiles the latest news every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by WhoNews Lite
* Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access
* Email/SMS/iMessage and post articles Twitter, Google Reader, Evernote, Tumbler, Pinboard, Pocket, Readibility, Diigo and Vkontakte
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 4.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WhoNews Lite 1.0 is free to download and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. For more information visit their website, or follow on twitter @Who_News.
Located in Cowden, Kent, Paul Gee has over 20 years experience developing software for a range of mobile platforms and is a full-time software engineer. After winning the HotUKDeals 2009 iPhone programming competition he embarked on combining his love of Doctor Who with his talent for software development. Before turning his skills on developing applications for the iPhone and iPod touch he spent over 12 years working for a top research and development defence company, designing and build cutting edge wearable computing solutions for the armed forces. Copyright (C) 2013 Paul Gee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.