May 18, 2009 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Intego, the Macintosh security specialist, today announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Ingram Micro. Under this agreement, Ingram Micro will sell all of Intego's products to its customers in the United States and Canada.
"We are very happy to have Ingram Micro distribute our full line of security software in North America," said Laurent Marteau, CEO, Intego. "They are the largest software distributor in the world, with top-class logistics and access to a wide network of retailers and resellers of all sizes."
Ingram Micro will be distributing Intego's full product line in single-user and multi-user versions to its customers:
* VirusBarrier X5: eliminates all known Macintosh viruses on Mac OS X
* NetBarrier X5: the best personal firewall for Macintosh
* Personal Backup X5: for backup, synchronization, archiving and cloning
* ContentBarrier X5: makes the Internet safe for children
* Internet Security Barrier: complete Internet security suites for different needs
* Intego's Dual Protection line: VirusBarrier X5 DP, ContentBarrier X5 DP, and Internet Security Barrier X5 DP, offer protection for Mac OS X and a Windows installation
* VirusBarrier Server: total protection for Mac OS X Server
* VirusBarrier Mail Gateway: total protection for Mac OS X Server and its mail server
* Remote Management Console: manages all Intego programs on a network
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan.