April 26, 2013 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Prague, Czech Republic - After only one year on the market, the Baby Monitor 3G currently keeps an eye on more than 200,000 babies, giving their parents time to work or relax, safe in the knowledge that their baby is being closely monitored. It is the only parenting application to have been selected as 'Editor's Choice', and the App Store's 'Best of 2012'; and now, the Baby Monitor 3G finds its way to the Mac OS X.
The Baby Monitor 3G app was a first-of-its-kind app which worked on both WiFi and on cellular networks. It originally required two iOS devices: the first device stays in the child's room to monitor, while the other device remains with the parents; but now, the new dedicated version for Mac computers brings you greater flexibility as it gives busy parents the freedom to work on their computer while simultaneously keeping an eye on their child. This functionality also reduces the need of having a second iOS device.
"We didn't want to just port the mobile application to the Mac, instead we have handcrafted a brand new user interface. You can either watch full-screen video from your child's room, or you can focus on working on your computer and be alerted only when your child is awake. The Baby Monitor 3G will always fit the needs of parents", said Jindrich Sarson, father of three, and CEO of TappyTaps, the company behind the Baby Monitor 3G.
With the Baby Monitor 3G for the Mac parents can:
* Rest or work while their baby sleeps - safe in the knowledge that they will hear every single noise from the child's room
* See live video of their child - during the day, or via the Night Light feature which makes it possible to view your baby during night time
* Communicate - talk to and soothe their baby remotely from your Mac
* Adjust the user interface to their own requirements - either having full-screen video, or a smaller window in the corner of the screen enabling you to keep one-eye on your baby at all times
Other great features are:
* Unlimited reach - thanks to the WiFi and cellular network support
* Reliability and security - communication is encrypted by industry-standard SSL and the app always alerts you in the event of a problem with the network connection
* US English, French, German, Czech
* OS X 10.7.5 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 14.5 MB
Pricing and availability:
Baby Monitor 3G 1.0 for Mac is available for $4.99 (USD) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Lifestyle category. The Baby Monitor 3G for iOS runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (iOS 5.1 and higher) and is available through App Store for $3.99. Review copies are available on request.
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, TappyTaps is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. The company was founded in 2009 by Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and markets 12 innovative products, so far. Copyright (C) 2009-2013 TappyTaps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android and Picasa are trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.