April 26, 2013 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Singapore - Tinkertanker Pte. Ltd. today is thrilled to introduce Teacher's Pet, a contextual task list and reminders app for the iPhone. The app, carefully designed to help educators do their jobs more effectively, knows all about context for teachers -- what classes they're in, which students they're teaching, when their next classes are - and using this context, helps teachers act quickly and remember effortlessly.
Teacher's Pet is a tool to address familiar classroom scenarios: (a) a student misbehaves in class, but after a quick telling-off, the teacher never follows up again; (b) some students didn't bring their homework, and the teacher has to note these down on a scrap of paper, and hopefully she'll remember to ask for them next lesson; (c) two students helped carry a teacher's books to class, but he never quite got around to taking down their names to write a commendation to their class teacher.
Teachers know that being able to track and act on student behavior, effectively and in a timely manner, helps them do their jobs better. Before, teachers have had to rely on pen and paper or generic note-taking apps to take such notes. Now with Teacher's Pet, an app purpose-built to help make this process easier, teachers will be encouraged to do more note-taking on student behavior, while also being reminded to act on these tasks at the right time.
* Quick, contextual data entry: Teacher's Pet always knows what class to bring up, so teachers are only a few taps away from taking notes on their students
* Timely reminder notifications: Teacher's Pet will send reminders when they usually matter: at the next class, the next day, or at any custom time
* Simple and fluid setup: Enter classes, schedule, and students with ease
* Multiple classes and timeslots: Set up as many classes or student groups as necessary, with flexible scheduling options
* To-dos at a glance: See what tasks are past due, coming up today, and scheduled for the future
* Favorites: Teachers with students who always need reminding about homework can set up 'favorites' with pre-filled fields, and create tasks for these students in two taps
* Elegant interface: Color-coded classes in a visually pleasing UI to help teachers keep focused on their tasks
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation)
* Runs on iPad as an iPhone app
* Optimized for iPhone 5 and retina display
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Size: 5.1MB
Pricing and Availability:
Teacher's Pet 1.0 is available at $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category.
Tinkertanker Pte Ltd. is a software engineering firm in Singapore focusing on education and technology. We provide software consultancy services, create our own web and mobile apps, and teach computer science and electronics to high school and college students. All Material and Software (C) 2013 Tinkertanker Pte. Ltd. / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.