May 27, 2009 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Apex NC/USA - Coylebilt Industries, LLC, announces the immediate availability of Deckster, it's first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Deckster breaks out of the constraints of card game simulations by dispensing with the game altogether and providing the user with a faithful preproduction of an actual deck of cards.
No rules imposed, you unwrap, unbox, shuffle and deal the cards just like the real thing, and box them up again when you're done. Why play with somebody else's rules? Include the Jokers; play deuces wild. Deal an extra card (and hope nobody notices!). Deckster just provides and handles the cards for you. Deckster uses the most natural and intuitive gestures in an experience only possible on the iPhone and iPod touch.
* High resolution original artwork
* Custom Jokers, Ace of Spades and face cards
* 2 unique decks: the standard "Deckster 101 Casino" in blue and red
* New decks have cards in authentic factory order
* Decks retain their card order between uses, just like the real thing
* Intuitive gestures to deal, discard/burn, turn over cards and square the deck
* Shake to shuffle, simulating the standard overhand shuffle with random effects: not an inauthentic randomization function
* Place unwanted cards back in the box
* Collect all cards when finished, and rebox them for safekeeping
* Rotate the device to view your hand
* Discard and rearrange cards in your hand
* iPhone or iPod touch running software version 2.2.1
Pricing and Availability:
Deckster 1.0 for iPhone is only $0.99 (US and Canada) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store. Deckster is the first complete software product available from Coylebilt Industries, which has dealt with Enterprise Software services until now.
Located in Apex, NC/USA, Coylebilt Industries LLC was founded in 2007 by David Coyle, PhD. Coylebilt offers expertise and services in all fields of Apple technology, from WebObjects, to Applescript, and everything in between. All Material and Software (C) 2009 Coylebilt Industries, LLC / All Rights Reserved. Deckster is a service mark of Coylebilt Industries, LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.