May 28, 2009 in Sports (E)
[prMac.com] Offenburg, Germany - With Birdie v1.6, Pleasant Software takes the next step and releases a major update for its golf scoring application for the iPhone and iPod touch. In response to the #1 feature request, Birdie v1.6 enables users to start rounds in training mode. In this mode, Birdie tracks additional data like putts, drive length, fairway hit and more.
New in Birdie v1.6:
* New "Training Round" mode for tracking statistical data like putts, fairway hit, drive length etc
* Measuring drive lengths with GPS on iPhone 3G
* Extended scorecards
* It's now possible to send game results as CSV files by e-mail
* When searching for courses by name, Birdie now automatically tries to find nearby courses for the entered location
* Several more improvements and bug fixes
Birdie is an elaborate solution, not a bunch of features; Birdie delivers all the features golfers expect from a golf scoring application and the user-friendliness and fun experience, users expect from a native iPhone application.
Besides the ease of use and speed, Birdie provides many enhanced features like automated calculation of course handicaps and scorecard results. Birdie not only counts each player's strokes during a game, it also automatically calculates the game's results according to different rules including "Stroke Play", "Stableford", "Par Event" and "AGS".
* Count up to four players per flight
* Track strokes, putts, fairway hits, drive lengths and more
* Caclulation of each player's course handicap
* Steadily growing database with thousands of golf courses around the world
* Send game results by e-mail as HTML scorecards or as CSV files
Perfect for both: iPhone and iPod touch; Birdie is perfectly suited for use on an iPhone or iPod Touch during a game of golf: One of the biggest problems with all available web-based golf score applications is that they are mostly unusable due to no or very unreliable Wi-Fi and cell connections on most golf courses. Birdie is perfectly usable offline, which makes it well suited for the iPhone in low or no reception areas as well as for the iPod Touch.
iPhone or iPod touch with OS 2.0 or newer
Pricing and Availability:
Birdie v1.6 costs $18.99 (USD) and is available on the iTunes App Store. Updates from previous versions of Birdie are free.
Pleasant Software develops simple, elegant and easy to use applications for the Macintosh since 1989 and the iPhone since 2008. Our products concentrate on perfectly solving a specific task by offering the user a highly elaborate set of tools bundled in a unique, feature rich yet not overloaded and incredibly easy to use software. Current products include ‹bercaster, ShowMacster, Birdie, TwittMS and PiP. For more information visit them online. All Material and Software (C) 2009 Pleasant Software, Offenburg/Germany. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.