May 29, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Mainz, Germany - Synium Software announces the release of their popular screencapturing software Screenium 1.2 as a public beta. Having introduced important under-the-hood improvements in version 1.1, this version further improves the user interface, making Screenium even easier to use.
Screenium captures live video from your Mac's screen, combined with multichannel audio and picture-in-picture video and sound from your Mac's built-in iSight or externally tethered, QuickTime-compatible Webcam. Video tutorials and webcasts are a snap, combining and mixing voice-over from your built-in and any external microphone or audio device, together with system sounds or application audio.
Screenium 1.2 sports a much improved user interface. All settings are available in the main window, including the popular media library and the new level meter for microphones and other audio inputs.
The area selection now features textual input of the selection's position and size. In both the Fixed Area mode and the Mouse Area mode, a frame shows the area being recorded, giving the user much better control over what is and what is not recorded. Exporting to youtube, iPhone and other target platforms is now conveniently selectable from the Export menu.
Screenium users appreciate Screenium's custom captions fully customizable ("HotText") to illustrate your screencasts on-the-fly. For the most efficient workflow, Screenium is keyboard-controllable and widely customizable: ideal for high volume video production in a time-critical environment. Screenium supports QuickTime's encoding technology and lets you re-process movies you already have recorded to adapt them to different output formats.
New Features in Screenium 1.2 public beta:
* Completely restructured user interface
* Improved area selection interface for Fixed Area and Mouse Area recording modes
* Level meters with peak level indicator for audio inputs
* Color and font for the HotKey feature are now user-definable
* The selected area is now highlighted by a red frame during recording
* Improved Preferences Dialog
* Improved stability
* Timed, Single Window, Mouse Area and freely adjustable sizes up to Full Screen
* Capture any resolution your Mac supports, from iPhone size to "Full HD" and bigger
* iSight picture-in-picture recording, supports any QuickTime-compatible USB or FireWire Webcam
* True Multi-Channel Audio, external sources also supported (analog and digital, USB and FireWire)
* Intuitive HotText captions
* Built-in Library to easily manage and post-process your movies
* Highly customizable quality and compression settings
* Built-in, optimized YouTube and iPhone export
* Intuitive, keyboard-controllable User Interface
* Configurable, animated mouse effects
* Create stunning educational videos or monitor whatever happens on-screen
Screenium 1.2 integrates smoothly with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" as well as with 10.5 "Leopard" and still supports Mac hardware from older productivity workhorses runing on single or dual G4 processors to the most recent multi-core Intel CPUs.
Screenium 1.2 Public Beta comes localized in US English and German.
* PowerPC G4 CPU at 867 MHz or better
* or an Intel Core Duo CPU at 1.6 GHz or better
* 512 MByte RAM or more
* Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) and above
* or Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and newer
* To use all Screenium features, an iSight or QuickTime-compatible Webcam is required
Pricing and Availability:
Screenium 1.2 can be purchased online for $29.00 (USD). Version 1.2 is a free update for customers of Screenium 1.x or of the prerelease Public Beta versions. A fully-featured, time-unlimited demo version is available for free and supports recordings of up to 30 seconds.
Although this Public Beta of Screenium 1.2 has been submitted to heavy internal testing, crashes and even the loss of data cannot be completely ruled out. Beta versions of Screenium 1.2 should not be used in a live, or production environment, and users are advised to test at their own risk.
Synium Software GmbH is a software development and consulting company, based in Mainz (Mayence), Germany. Apart from being a successful publisher within the Mac software market, we offer a popular web-based news service at mactechnews.de for the German-speaking audience. All Material and Software (C) 2005-2009 Synium Software GmbH / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.