June 4, 2009 in Multimedia (F)
[prMac.com] Boston, Mass - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced that a new Boris Continuum Unit, 3D Objects, is now available. Boris Continuum 3D Objects supports Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, and Apple Final Cut Express. The 3D Objects Unit is the latest addition to previously-released Boris Continuum Units: Chroma Key, Pan and Zoom, UpRez, Motion Key, Lens Flare, Film Look, Glitters, Optical Stabilizer, and Light Rays.
The new Boris Continuum 3D Objects Unit includes the following filters from Boris Continuum Complete 6:
* BCC Extruded Text - OpenGL-accelerated 3D text generator with built-in 3D shatters and a warp deformer. This filter uses AE masks for defining custom bevels, extrusions, and text on a path. The resulting 3D object adheres to AE's native camera and light controls. Multiple 3D materials can be created from AE layers or external image files featuring texture and bump maps as well as reflections. Each material can be individually saved as a preset and applied to the front, back, bevel, or extrusion surface of the text object. The text object can be further deformed and animated with a number of innovative deformers such as Bend, Taper, Twist, Shatter, Ripple, Pulse, or Curl.
* BCC Type-On Text - 3D extruded text can be animated in true 3D space in a type-on or type-off fashion with each letter precisely interacting with the rest of the text in 3D. All 3D properties of the BCC Extruded Text filter are available in the Type-On effect.
* BCC Extruded EPS - provides an easy way to import and extrude Adobe Illustrator layered vector logos and graphics. The filter includes full integration with Adobe After Effects' 3D camera and lighting system and incorporates the same 3D material presets and free-form deformation properties of other 3D Objects filters. The filter is capable of tracking an EPS file using a Watch Folder, making the EPS file "live" should it be edited in Illustrator. A handy "Keep EPS Color" feature lets operators preserve the original fill colors for each element as a diffuse color option of the material.
* BCC Extruded Spline - based on AE masks or built-in primitives such as a medallion or heart. Create 3D extruded objects fully-modeled with bevels and spline-based extrusion profiles.
* BCC Layer Deformer - warp any 2D layer in 3D space with built-in 3D shatters and bend deformers. Create 3D shapes such as fully or partially wrapped spheres and cylinders with multiple layers mapped onto the surfaces. Animate true 3D shapes with AE's native camera and lights.
Pricing and Availability:
Boris Continuum 3D Objects is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $399 (USD). Customers who purchase the Boris Continuum 3D Objects Unit or any other Boris Continuum Unit may credit the price of the Unit towards the full Boris Continuum Complete plug-in suite. For more information, please visit them online.
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multimedia markets. Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony.