June 7, 2009 in Social Networking (F)
[prMac.com] San Marcos, CA - Pindropper has announced the release of PicCard 1.3 for iPhone. PicCard allows any iPhone or iPod Touch user to send a printed picture postcard to their family and friends. PicCard started as a simple custom application to let users send printed photographs to their friends and family. As word spread about this custom application, requests came in to make it available on the iTunes Store. With version 1.3, PicCard is now the first iPhone application to support the international shipping of printed postcards!
"We are thrilled to be able to ship PicCard postcards internationally" said founder Joseph Shomphe. "For the low price of $1.50 USD, we think our service is unbeatable."
* Powered by Google App Engine for a fast, scalable service
* Background uploads allowing for a very fast user experience
* No PicCard service account needed
* No pre-purchases or credits required
* iPhone or iPod Touch running 2.0 or higher
* Currently, PayPal account for payment (will be replaced with in application payments based on Apple's availability)
Pricing and Availability
The PicCard application is on sale now on the United States iTunes Store for $0.99 (USD). Cards being shipped within the United States are available for $0.99, international shipping is $1.50.
Located in San Marcos, CA, Pindropper specializes in both mobile and enterprise software development. The team at Pindropper got their start developing software on the NeXTSTEP platform, the great grandfather of the iPhone. All Material and Software (C) 2009 Pindropper / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.