August 5, 2013 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] London, Ontario - Announcing today, GamePress has officially released an app that allows anyone to make fun mobile games with no programming or graphic design skills. With a few taps and swipes of their fingers, users can unleash their creativity and become game designers right on their iPads. Founded by a small team of three, GamePress is also the first Canadian team to be a part of the DreamIt Ventures accelerator program here in NYC. At the beginning, their goal was "to provide the perfect balance where users are not limited by skill level or their imagination" according to co-founder Murtaza Saadat, opening up this possibility to people who don't have the technical experience necessary to participate in today's market. GamePress is the perfect tool to start learning the basics of computer science and game design, while having a blast making the games of your imagination. With the GamePress Arcade, users can share their creations with the community allowing everyone to play, edit, and rate each other's games.
The current version of GamePress has the following features:
* Drag & drop game creation
* Over 500 graphics included to get you started
* Included music to add atmosphere to your games
* Included sound effects to add excitement to your games
* Included particle effects to make your games look cool
* Ability to import your own pictures, graphics, animations, sound effects, and music
* Make your own sound effects with the built in sound effects creator
* Make your own special effects with the included particle creator
* Fully featured physics engine for real world physics simulations
* Offline usage, you don't need to be connected to make or play a game
* Interactive tutorial to help you make your first game in minutes
* Share your games with friends and other GamePress users
* GamePress Arcade to access games made by users around the world
* Many video tutorials to keep you going
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 78.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GamePress 1.003 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
The focus of GamePress is to make game creation as easy as possible and accessible to everyone. Our vision is to bring the power of desktop computing to tablets. GamePress is founded by a small team of 3. The company is originally from London Ontario, Canada, but currently located in New York City taking part in the DreamIt Ventures accelerator. GamePress is the first Canadian company to take part in DreamIt Ventures. Copyright (C) 2013 GamePress. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.