June 13, 2009 in Publishing (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (ON), Canada - Zevrix Solutions announces the release of LinkOptimizer 3.3.8, a maintenance update to its workflow automation solution to eliminate excessive image data in Adobe InDesign documents. LinkOptimizer allows to reduce the size of InDesign jobs and increase the processing speed by optimizing image size and resolution.
LinkOptimizer automatically reduces the image resolution, scales and crops the images in Photoshop according to their dimensions in the InDesign document and the target resolution specified, and reimports them to InDesign at 100%. In addition, LinkOptimizer can automate the image color conversion, apply sharpening, merge layers, and run Photoshop Actions during processing.
LinkOptimizer dramatically improves workflows of service providers, printers, ad agencies and publishing houses by letting users achieve more with the same or less resources:
* Save hours - and even days - of optimizing image size and resolution manually
* Save gigabytes of disk space
* Speed up document output (for image-rich projects, the output time can be reduced from hours to minutes)
* Reduce the time of transferring jobs to outside sources
* Reduce job cost through faster processing by service providers
* Speed up overall job turnaround
The new update combines the following fixes and improvements:
* Sharpen filters are now applied to layered images in Photoshop
* The effective resolution of Photoshop EPS files is now reported after processing
* Fixed an issue in which certain links weren't updated properly in InDesign CS4
Pricing and Availability:
LinkOptimizer 3.3.8 can be purchased from the Zevrix Solutions web site for $159.95 (USD), as well as from authorized resellers. Demo is also available for download. Upgrade to LinkOptimizer 3.3.8 is free for licensed users of version 3 and up, and $60 (USD) for the users of earlier versions. LinkOptimizer is available for Mac OS X 10.4.2 and higher, a Universal Binary, and works with Adobe InDesign CS-CS4.
Located in Toronto, Canada, Zevrix Solutions provides productivity solutions for Adobe Creative Suite software, graphic file diagnostics and Microsoft Office on Mac OS. Zevrix Solutions is dedicated to helping professionals achieve more while doing less through automating their everyday tasks, producing error-free documents, saving disk space and cutting production costs. For more information, visit their website, www.zevrix.com. Copyright (C) 2009 Zevrix Solutions. All Rights Reserved.