July 8, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of Markzware’s Universal Binary version of the popular MarkzTools XTension which takes advantage of the Intel-based Macs. This Universal Binary update of MarkzTools is used to prevent corrupted QuarkXPress documents (overcoming the dreaded bad file format), retrieve text from corrupted documents and view images in grey previews to reduce file size. Additionally, MarkzTools allows QuarkXPress users to do a Save As to Quark 4.1.
Users can also verify their existing documents, so they will immediately know whether the integrity of their Quark documents are suspect. Additionally, users can first save a temporary copy of a document before saving the original document, so that in the event that something goes wrong during the save process, the temporary file is still available for recovery.
MarkzTools provides the additional functionality of allowing users to save QuarkXPress 7 projects directly to Quark 4.1 document files. It can also convert all of the image previews in a document to grey placeholders drastically reducing the file size and storage requirements of Quark projects.
In the case of a badly corrupted file in which the page layout data cannot be salvaged, the “scavenge text” feature provides the ability to extract text stories from a document file. MarkzTools alerts the user whenever they are about to save a lower version document to a higher version. Some of the updated features included in MarkzTools 7 are:
* The conversion of Quark 7 documents directly to Quark 4 file format without the need for the interim step of opening files in QuarkXPress 5 and downsaving to version 4 format files
* The prevention of corruption of Quark documents from occurring in the first place through the use of a special temporary file
* The ability to recover many bad file format or corrupt Quark documents
* The recovery of text data from badly damaged or corrupted documents
* The conversion of picture previews to grey placeholders. This feature lets users archive their Quark documents more easily by reducing the size of the Quark documents, and leaving image links intact. When users are ready to work on the file again, image previews are easily restored.
Macintosh OS X 10.3 or higher
Power Macintosh G4 or higher
128 MB of RAM
250 MB of free Hard Disk space
UB version only -10.4 for the OS.
MarkzTools is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension(R) technology; Adobe InDesign(R), Acrobat(R) and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London.