June 15, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Mainz, Germany - Synium Software today announces the latest release of their popular screencapturing software Screenium 1.2. Having introduced important under-the-hood improvements in version 1.1, this version further improves the user interface, making Screenium even easier to use. Screenium 1.2 is a free update for existing customers.
Screenium captures live video from your Mac's screen, combined with several tracks of audio, including application sound, the built-in microphone or any external audio interface supported by OSX. Incorporate picture-in-picture video from your Mac's built-in iSight or any external QuickTime-compatible Webcam.
Screenium 1.2 sports a much improved user interface. All settings are available in the main window, including the popular media library and the new audio level meter for microphones and other audio inputs. The area selection now features textual input of the selection's position and size. In both the Fixed Area mode and the Mouse Area mode, a frame shows the area being captured, giving the user much better control over what is and what is not recorded. Screenium supports QuickTime's encoding technology and lets you re-process movies you have recorded earlier to adapt them to different output formats. Exporting to youtube, iPhone and other target platforms is now conveniently selectable from the Export menu.
Screenium users appreciate Screenium's fully customizable text overlay function ("HotText") to illustrate their screencasts on-the-fly. For the most efficient workflow, Screenium is keyboard-controllable and widely customizable: ideal for high volume video production in a time-critical environment. Since Screenium 1.2 open beta, visualization of the mouse wheel and a click counter have been added, giving even more feedback of your actions.
New Features in Screenium 1.2 over 1.1
* Completely restructured user interface
* Improved area selection interface for Fixed Area and Mouse Area recording modes
* Level meters with peak level indicator for audio inputs
* Color and font for the HotKey feature are now user-definable
* The selected area is now highlighted by a red frame during recording
* Improved Preferences Dialog
* Improved stability
* Mouse wheel is now visualized
* HotText fades in and out smoothly
* Timed, Single Window, Mouse Area and freely adjustable sizes up to Full Screen
* Capture any resolution your Mac supports, from iPhone size to "Full HD" and bigger
* iSight picture-in-picture recording, supports any QuickTime-compatible USB or FireWire Webcam
* True Multi-Channel Audio, external sources also supported (analog and digital, USB and FireWire)
* Intuitive HotText captions
* Built-in Library to easily manage and post-process your movies
* Highly customizable quality and compression settings
* Built-in, optimized YouTube and iPhone export
* Intuitive, keyboard-controllable User Interface
* Configurable, animated mouse effects
* Create stunning educational videos or monitor whatever happens on-screen
Screenium 1.2 neatly integrates with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" as well as with 10.5 "Leopard" and still supports Mac hardware from older productivity workhorses runing on single or dual G4 processors to the most recent multi-core Intel CPUs.
* Localized in US English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portugese and Spanish
* PowerPC G4 CPU at 867 MHz or better
* or an Intel Core Duo CPU at 1.6 GHz or better
* 512 MByte RAM or more
* Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) and above
* or Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and newer
* To use all Screenium features, an iSight or QuickTime-compatible Webcam is required
Pricing and Availability:
Screenium 1.2 can be purchased online for $29.00 (USD). Version 1.2 is a free update for customers of Screenium 1.x or of the prerelease Public Beta versions. A fully-featured, time-unlimited demo version is available for free and supports recordings of up to 30 seconds.
Synium Software GmbH is a software development and consulting company, based in Mainz (Mayence), Germany. Apart from being a successful publisher within the Mac software market, we offer a popular web-based news service at mactechnews.de for the German-speaking audience. All Material and Software (C) 2005-2007 Synium Software GmbH / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.