July 6, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Winnipeg, Canada - July 4, 2007 - ZappTek is proud to announce its very popular file-to-audio tool, iSpeak It 3.2. Load Word, PDF, Pages 2, RTF, AppleWorks, Text, HTML documents or RSS feeds, and using the Mac's built-in text-to-speech capabilities, convert them into MP3/AAC tracks in iTunes. From there it's a quick sync to iPod or iPhone.
- Download RSS feeds and keep track of local weather with up-to-date forecasts.
- Download news articles from news.google.com and hear them on the way to/from work.
- Download driving directions and listen to them on iPod or iPhone.
Users may open any text document or select any text and load it via the Services menu. A toolbar provides easy access to all of the load menu options and the transferring of a document to iTunes.
iSpeak It 3.2 sports many new feature enhancements:
* Directions has been improved. Tracks are now named with the "to" location appearing first making it easier to search on a iPod since the "from" location is often the same.
* Properly supports the loading of non-English directions.
* Tracks in iTunes now have the iSpeak It icon as album artwork.
* There are now News, Directions and Weather albums to easily organize and access that information by album.
* Document splitting has improved. News is split based on categories so that Top Stories, World, Sports, etc. will each have their own track in iTunes.
* Weather and Directions are never split since the split settings rarely make sense for both documents and this information.
* Now users can keep their split settings optimized for documents and get Weather and Directions in useful tracks.
* RSS feeds continue to be split based on article so that each article has its own track within the feed's album.
* Users now have multiple problem phrases replaced by the same text using a single replacement rule: see the Replacement Rules Help for details.
* The feed button icon is now the standard RSS icon.
A number of minor bug fixes regarding splitting, editing replacement rules, deleting existing tracks from iTunes, RSS (atom) title extraction and Directions error handling.
* Mac OS X version 10.4 or higher.
* Web Services require an Internet connection
* PDF processing requires pdftotext (free download)
To install iSpeak It, drag it to your Applications folder or wherever you'd like to keep it. Before transferring any text, use the Speech panel in the System Preferences to select the voice to use during conversion. iSpeak It uses the voice and defined settings for all of its processing. Experiment with the voices to see which sounds best.
iSpeak It also provides advanced text replacement capabilities. There are a number of phrases that Mac Voices will not convert properly. iSpeak It can define rules that identify problem words and an appropriate (phonetically correct) replacement for them. It will even automatically apply the rules before transferring a document to iTunes.
Purchasing iSpeak It:
iSpeak 3.2 remains priced at $19.95 USD with free update for existing users of version 3.x. The iSpeak It trial allows for converting the first 1000 characters of any text. Users may purchase the bundle, which includes iPresent It and iPDA, for $44.95 USD; a $13 savings.
Users can purchase from within iSpeak It by selecting "Purchase iSpeak It..." in the application menu or visit http://www.zapptek.com/ispeak-it/.
Based in Winnipeg, Canada, ZappTek was founded by Michael Zapp in 2002. Beginning with tools to bring calendar and note information into the Contact entries of the original iPod, ZappTek now provides a suite of applications to meet every need. These include iPDA for personal information management, iPresent It for giving presentations on the iPod, iSpeak It to convert documents into MP3/AAC audio tracks, and iPod Launcher to automate all of iPod activities. All Material and Software (C) 2002-2007 ZappTek / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.