June 16, 2009 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Ashland, OR - Open Door Networks, Inc. and Project A, Inc. ("We-Envision.com") announced that they are shipping a major upgrade to their line of 50 Web-image browsing "Envi" iPhone apps through the iTunes App Store. The 2.0 update, free to all current Envi app users, brings thumbnails, Ken Burns motion effect and a number of other advanced display features to the line, along with access to in-depth Web-based topic information and over a dozen new features. The upgraded line has been qualified on Apple's new iPhone OS 3.0, which will ship this week.
The companies also announced that they are shipping "Envi Sampler," the first-ever free Envi app. Envi Sampler includes selections from the upgraded 2.0 Envi apps, giving users a "taste" of what the apps are all about.
The Envi app line is based on the companies' iEnvision Web-image browser. iEnvision was a first-day native iPhone app, immediately hailed as one of the "Top 10 iPhone apps to show off with." Taking advantage of the iPhone's built-in Internet access and high-resolution multi-touch display, Envi apps organize Web-based images into full-screen automated slideshows and, with 2.0, scrolling thumbnail views.
The companies recently sold their 100,000th Envi app, and shipped their 50th app through the iTunes App Store (see "Open Door Networks and Project A celebrate major iPhone milestones").
The 2.0 update represents the first major across-the-board set of Envi app improvements. The 2.0 "What's new" list includes:
* View shows as scrolling arrays of thumbnail images
* Shake to change thumbnail size between 2 and 6 across
* Tap a thumbnail to view image full size
* View images and shows with Ken Burns motion effect
* New flip and curl transitions between images
* Group list includes overview thumbnail images
* Show lists include thumbnails of last images viewed
* Access to in-depth Web-based information on each show topic
* All Web pages now displayed within the app, rather than within Safari
* View topic locations in the Maps app where meaningful
* Set any image as background for lists
* Delete unwanted images from shows
* Register the app for news updates and specials
* New and updated shows in many apps
* New Settings options
* Overall information screen
We-Envision.com is currently shipping a number of upgraded Envi apps, along with iEnvision 2.0 and Envi Sampler 2.0, through the iTunes store. Other upgraded (and new!) Envi apps will soon follow. Most sell for 99-cents each. The shipping upgraded Envi apps consist of:
* Art: Architect Envi, Art Envi, Art Envi Deluxe and Art Envi Impressionist
* Cars: Camaro, Ferrari, Jag, Lambo, Maserati, Mustang, Porsche, T-Bird and Vette Envi
* Space: Earth and Planet Envi
* Fun: Dog, Haircut, Jet, Shoe, Train and Wedding Envi
* Outdoors: Bridges Envi, Outdoor Exposure, Parks Envi Deluxe, Scotland Envi and Yosemite Envi
We-Envision.com also ships the myCard and myCard Free contact exchange apps. Details of the full product line are available at we-envision.com.
Open Door Networks, Inc. was founded in 1995 by Alan Oppenheimer, co-creator of AppleTalk, the original network system for the Macintosh. Open Door is a leading provider of Internet solutions for Apple products.
We-Envision.com is an innovative collaboration of two separate software companies (Open Door Networks and Project A). The mission of We-Envision.com is the design, development and deployment of the best independent software solutions for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. Open Door Networks, Inc. was founded in 1995 by Alan Oppenheimer, co-creator of AppleTalk, the original network system for the Macintosh. Open Door is a leading provider of Internet solutions for Apple products. Project A, Inc. was founded in 1990 by Jim Teece and is a leading developer of 100% database-driven websites deployed for clients world-wide. Both companies are located in Ashland, Oregon.