October 2, 2013 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Wilmington, Delaware - The Battery Project, LLC, a Mac software publisher with offices in Maine and Virginia, today is proud to announce the immediate availability of FruitJuice 2.0 in the Mac App Store with an introductory sale price of $9.99. The app will be priced at $19.99 following this initial special offer.
FruitJuice is a new concept in Apple notebook battery health. Built exclusively for Apple notebook computers, it provides monitoring, notifications, daily battery recommendations, guided maintenance and diagnostics to ensure that you achieve the longest runtime and lifespan from your battery.
In order to prolong its life, Apple recommends using your notebook battery on a regular basis. If you're not using it enough, then Apple recommends doing monthly maintenance on the battery to "keep the battery juices flowing" (see Apple's Battery resource). But how do you know if you're using it enough? Is the way you're using your battery shortening its life? FruitJuice is here to help demystify the process:
Active Guidance through Daily Recommendations:
* After running for 7 days, FruitJuice will begin to make daily recommendations for the total amount of time to spend on battery to keep it in top condition
* Recommendations are tailored to your usage patterns
* Flexible menu bar configuration allows you to see as much or as little information as you wish
Complete Power History:
* FruitJuice keeps a detailed record of your battery charge and discharge activity
* See how much time you spend on your machine and if it is on battery, charging or fully charged
* See totals and percentages for any range of dates
* FruitJuice will suggest a Maintenance Cycle upon installation to establish a baseline
* Notifications will let you know when to plug in or unplug your machine
* Subsequent Maintenance Cycles will only be recommended only if your usage falls outside Apple's guidelines
* Smarter battery management through configurable notifications
* Notifications to help you avoid the surprise of the "You are now running on reserve battery power" message
You can have FruitJuice tell you:
* Your percent charge remaining (including repeating intervals)
* Your estimated time remaining (including repeating intervals)
* When you have reached you daily battery target
* When you have reached a given percent while charging
* When your battery is fully charged (see Apple's Battery resource)
* FruitJuice will suggest a Maintenance Cycle only if your usage necessitates it.
Battery Health Information:
FruitJuice shows you a realistic assessment of the overall condition of your battery. It combines the battery condition, age, factory capacity and lifespan numbers to give you real-time insight into the health of your battery.
* OS X 10.8 or later
* 3.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
FruitJuice 2.0 is offered at the introductory sale price of only $9.99 USD (50% off the normal price), or equivalent amount in other currencies and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. The app will be priced at $19.99 following this initial special offer.
The Battery Project, LLC was formed in 2012 to develop great Mac software. With offices in Maine and Virginia, our small team thrives on making products that we'd like for ourselves, and we hope that others enjoy, too. Copyright (C) 2013 The Battery Project, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.