June 25, 2009 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Lebanon, NH - Frontier Design Group has launched PianoStudio, the most powerful piano composition and performance app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Unlike other piano apps that limit the user to tiny keyboards with limited range, PianoStudio takes another approach. By placing individual notes, entire chords, and even complete musical phrases onto a set of buttons that you can order and play, users can write and perform real piano music with chord progressions, "two-handed" patterns, and melodies in Allegro.
PianoStudio offers mobile musicians an incredible set of tools for creating songs, including a built-in Chord Selector and a powerful Phrase Editor. You can use PianoStudio to explore musical ideas, learn songs, write your own tunes, and even play along with your iTunes music.
* Three high-quality piano instruments (Grand 1, Grand 2, Upright)
* 9 built-in demo songs
* Built-in Recorder with overdubbing, variable tempo, metronome, and undo/redo
* Tilt-controlled volume and sustain pedal
* Awesome phrase editor lets you create repeating patterns or passages that would otherwise be impossible to play
* Built-in chord library with over 10,000 chords
* Lots of visual customizations to help you organize and play your tunes
* 5 banks of buttons per song
* 9 available button layout styles with between 8 and 40 buttons, plus keyboard-and-buttons style
PianoStudio is the newest entry in Frontier Design's lineup of great iPhone music apps, which includes Guitar (acoustic guitar), iShred (electric guitar with effects), Theremin, Rainstick, and Cowbell Plus.
iPhone and iPod touch 2.2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
PianoStudio is available now on the iTunes Store for $6.99 (USD).
Frontier Design Group, LLC is an independent audio hardware and software development company dedicated to creating innovative products for musicians. Based in Lebanon, New Hampshire, Frontier has developed solutions for the needs of audio enthusiasts and professionals alike since 1996. Copyright 1996-2009 Frontier Design Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.